HÀ NỘI — President Hồ Chí Minh’s quest to seek ways to save the nation is portrayed through an exhibition that is being held at the Presidential Palace Historical Site in Hà Nội.
The exhibition, entitled President Hồ Chí Minh – The Great Leader of the Communist Party and the People of Việt Nam, Outstanding Ambassador of Peace and Friendship of the World, is part of the activities celebrating the 130th anniversary of President Hồ Chí Minh’s birthday.
On display are nearly 250 photo archives of the Việt Nam’s great leader, in addition to documents dating back from the days he left Nhà Rồng Harbour in Sài Gòn on a quest to seek ways to save the nation till he founded the Party, led the Vietnamese people in the struggle for independence, established the Democratic Republic of Việt Nam, launched the resistance wars against the invaders and constructed socialism.
Addressing the opening ceremony of the exhibition, the director of Presidential Palace Historical Site, Nguyễn Văn Công, noted that President Hồ Chí Minh is a great leader, founder of the Vietnamese Communist Party and establisher of the new Vietnamese nation.
“He devoted his whole life to the fight for independence, freedom, the prosperous and happy life of the Vietnamese people, in addition to actively contributing to the liberation movements worldwide for a world of peace, friendliness, fairness and development,” he added.
The exhibition is divided into five main parts. The first part includes photos and artefacts from the 1890-1929 period, depicting the evolution of patriotic young man Nguyễn Tất Thành into communist soldier Nguyễn Ái Quốc (the former names of President Hồ Chí Minh) in the movement to liberate colonial peoples and gain independence for Việt Nam.
The second part displays photos and artefacts in 1930-1945 period, from the days Nguyễn Ái Quốc founded the Communist Party of Việt Nam, led the Vietnamese people to launch a successful uprising nationwide and established the Democratic Republic of Việt Nam.
The third part introduces to the public photos and artefacts of the 1946-1954 period when President Hồ Chí Minh led the young nation in its construction and the long-term resistance war against the French colonists.
The 1955-1969 period when the President led the cause of building and defending the Socialist northern of Việt Nam, supporting the south and struggling to reunify the nation is showcased in the fourth part of the exhibition.
The last part displays photos and artifacts from 1969 up to now, including photos of the activities of the Party, State and people of Việt Nam in the process of inheriting and continuing to promote Uncle Hồ’s heritage in the cause of strengthening the nation.
According to its organisation board, the exhibition that runs during May is expected to contribute to affirming the vitality of President Hồ Chí Minh’s ideology, morality and style, as well as strengthening Vietnamese trust in the Party.
Particularly, in the cause of national renewal and integration into the world, President Hồ Chí Minh’s thought is a great spiritual asset of the Party and people of Việt Nam, paving the way to obtain the targets of prosperous people, powerful country, democratic and civilised society. — VNS
- “Simple and noble examples” exhibition opens
- The Alphabet of Paris: The City of Light from A to Z
- How the Vietnam War Brought High-Tech Border Surveillance to America
- Julian Bond’s ‘Comic’ Stance on the Vietnam War
- Remembering Qalandar Momand: 3 short poems for the colossus of Pashto poetry
- Adriana Cohen: Coal or candy canes await those on naughty and nice list
- History tells us where the wealth gap leads – Peter Turchin
- News Overload Is Perfect for Donald Trump
- Bono to Congress: Thanks for ignoring Trump on AIDS funding
- The heroes who challenged, inspired, and motivated us in 2016
- Will Aretha's Most Iconic Hat Become a Part of Obama's Legacy?
- Lowndes County, Ala.: The Place God Forgot
- Sportswriting’s Velvet Revolutionary, Claire Smith
- Hometown Papers Urge Rep. Conyers to Resign
- Composer of “God Bless America” did not believe in God
- Inspiration For Students: Top 15 Commencement Speeches Ever!
- Newsroom Leaders Fired at L.A. Times
- Michelle Obama Tells Grads Not to Let Hate and Insults Stand in Their Way
- Who Was the 1st Black Rhodes Scholar?
- Kingdom Hearts III
Exhibition sheds light on President Hồ Chí Minh’s fight for peace have 767 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.