The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare the 11 has called on political parties participating in the Edo 2020 election to go about their campaigns peacefully.
The Royal Majesty made the call when he received a delegation of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on a courtesy visit at his Palace in Benin on Saturday.
The APC delegation, led by Yobe Governor, Mai Mala Buni, was in Benin for the official flag-off of the party’s campaign for its Edo 2020 Gubernatorial candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
The Oba said the Palace had not been happy with the recent happenings in the state.
He called on everyone in the state to pray for a peaceful Edo election.
“There is nothing as powerful as prayers.
“As you go about your campaign, go about it peacefully and without bitterness,” the monarch said.
Oba Ewuare also reiterated that he remained non-partisan and had never supported any political candidate.
He said, “We remain non-partisan because of the laid down rules of our ancestors; we must be fathers to all.
“We see every candidate as our child and we pray for everybody. It is wiser to leave the fate of the election to God.
“I am not against any candidate; I have never been for or against any candidate but when the people have chosen via the election, we will pray for him to succeed in office.’’
Speaking on behalf of the delegation, the Yobe Governor and Chairman, APC National Caretaker Committee, said the visit was to present the Edo 2020 APC governorship candidate to the royal majesty for his blessings.
Buni was optimistic that APC would reclaim the state come Sept. 19.
- Beyond Edo 2020: What next for Mabel Oboh
- Edo 2020: Obaseki’s re-election, confirmation of people’s will ― Okowa
- Edo Election: Gov Tambuwal lauds Buhari on statesmanly call, directive
- ‘My Experience Is My Expertise’: Deja Foxx on Being a Presidential Campaign Staffer at 19, Influencers, and Sexuality in Politics
- Texas Republicans In Congress Divided Over Challenging 2020 Presidential Election Results
- Yiaga scores Edo governorship election outcome
- Ban on CDAs still in force, Oba of Benin warns
- I didn’t beg Obaseki to return to APC, haven’t addressed press after election ― Ize-Iyamu
- EndSARS: Edo govt to offset hospital bills of 2 deaf victims, says panel chairperson
- Edo Election Tribunal: Forensic expert testifies on Obaseki’s UI certificate
- Edo election: ADC raises alarm over deployment of 31,000 security operatives
- Edo election: Tribunal resumes sitting
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Electoral College cements Biden’s win as nation’s 46th president
- Melania Trump says 'violence is never the answer' in six-minute farewell video touting her 'Be Best' campaign and urges Americans to 'rise above what divides us' despite refusing to invite Jill Biden to White House
- Abbas decrees first Palestinian elections in over 15 years
- Lady Gaga makes a plea for peace as she dons stunning blue and red gown with gold dove during awe-inspiring National Anthem performance at President Joe Biden's inauguration
- Ondo election: Yiaga identifies 8 zones as major trouble spots
- Be Afraid: Mike Pence Refused to Commit to a Peaceful Transfer of Power
- Covid lockdowns, protests and election strife led to record US gun sales in 2020
- Bill Barr says Trump's election fraud claims 'precipitated' Capitol riot in his first TV interview since resigning as Attorney General
Edo 2020: Oba of Benin calls for peaceful campaigns, election have 544 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.