Ho Huy, chairman of leading taxi firm Mai Linh, said that the rising number of coronavirus cases have reduced travel demand and dragged the company’s revenue down by 30 percent from before the second wave.Mai Linh has now temporarily ceased operations in Da Nang City and Hoi An Town, the country’s coronavirus hotspots. Its revenue in these localities and in some other tourist destinations like Nha Trang and Da Lat have dropped by up to 50 percent from earlier.”We have survived the first wave, but the second wave will bring even more challenges,” Huy added.Since July 25, Vietnam has recorded 355 domestic Covid-19 cases in 13 localities, all linked to Da Nang, a top tourist attraction. The first case confirmed on July 25 ended the country’s 99-day streak without a case of community transmission.Huy said if the pandemic situation worsens, even companies with deep pockets cannot last for more than six months, and for small companies, the likely threshold is three months.Le Tien Truong, CEO of leading textile and garment company Vinatex, said that his company has been directly affected by the second wave because of quarantines.Its subsidiary in Da Nang City has seen 200 employees quarantined, and the figure… Read full this story
- 10 Reasons To Start A Second Income Business
- Part Time Business From Home
- What Do You Need From Business Opportunities to Make Money With a Home Business?
- Term Life Insurance and Small Business
- Motherhood - The Second Time Around
- Work From Home and Make Money Fast in This Business
- What Makes a Work at Home Business Legitimate?
- Make Money in a Home Business, What to Consider Before You Invest
- "Make Money Online Fast" - Internet Business - The Hard Core Truth
- Part-time Business - 3 Cool Part-time Business Ideas To Help Make Your House Payment Each Month
Covid-19 makes life more difficult second time around: businesses have 315 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.