As one of the largest bird sanctuaries in the Mekong Delta, Bang Lang Stork Garden is an ecotourism destination that should not be missed when having the opportunity to visit Mekong delta province of Can Tho. Located in Thoi Thuan Hamlet, Thuan An Ward, in the suburban district of Thot Not in Can Tho City, Bang Lang Stork Garden currently covers an area of over 16.5 hectares. The owner of the stork garden is Nguyen Ngoc Thuyen, known as Bay Thuyen or Bay Co. Realizing the important role of this stork garden to nature as well as tourism, Can Tho City re-planned Bang Lang Stork Garden, elevating it to an eco-tourism area, and in April 1997 starting bird watching trips in the garden. As the largest bird sanctuary in the southwestern region, Bang Lang Stork Garden is populated by 200,000 storks of 20 species. White storks and blue storks make up the largest numbers while the smallest bird is the red stork. Some rare birds also live in this garden, such as pelicans and herons. The Bang Lang Storks Garden is most crowded with the birds during their reproductive season from August to January of the lunar calendar. In particular,… Read full this story
- Mekong Delta Sinking Under Sea
- Learn about birds in Maine at Brewer Garden and Bird Club meeting
- Spring Garden Show this weekend (April 6 and 7)
- The berries from a cherry laurel tree? For birds, not people
- Here are some must-see gardens in and around Berks County
- Weekly spring Migration Wednesday Bird Walks continue at Audubon’s Fairchild Wildflower Sanctuary in Greenwich
- Are wisteria seeds and pods harmful to birds?
- Local raptor program admits record amount of birds
- Everglades Wonder Gardens marks new chapter with butterfly release
- The Big Bang Dueling Piano Bar provides an interactive atmosphere
Bang Lang Stork Garden – largest bird sanctuary in Mekong Delta have 308 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.