Shares of Axis Bank closed 1.39 percent higher at Rs 434.85 on BSE on August 5, a day after the company launched Rs 10,000 crore qualified institutional placement (QIP).
Axis Bank on August 4 said it has set a floor price of Rs 442.19 per equity share for its proposed QIP.
The board of the bank had last month approved the Rs 15,000 crore fundraise plan. The QIP was okayed by shareholders at the annual general meeting held on July 31, 2020, the bank said.
Further, it said the committee may, at its absolute discretion, offer a discount of not more than 5 percent of the said floor price.
Axis Bank said a meeting of the committee is scheduled to be held on August 10, 2020, to consider and approve, among other things, the issue price for the equity shares proposed to be issued.
“We believe this fundraising in this environment would be positive for Axis bank. At base price Tier I to increase approximately 150bps, net worth to gain 11.6 percent, and Book value to increase by 2.9 percent. In uncertain times adequate capital adequacy (CAR) will provide comfort to investors,” said Jaikishan Parmar, Senior Equity Research Analyst, Angel Broking.
“Currently, Axis bank trades lower valuation compared to the historical average. Lower valuation and increase in CAR would be positive for Axis Bank. Key to be monitorable here on will be the moratorium percentage of the loan book at the end of moratorium-2 in August,” Parmar added.
Disclaimer: The views and investment tips expressed by investment experts on Moneycontrol.com are their own and not that of the website or its management. Moneycontrol.com advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
- Ideas for Profit | What makes Axis Bank a winner post the COVID-19 mayhem?
- Axis Bank moratorium book level declines to 9.7% from 25-28%
- Axis Bank dragged to first quarterly loss by bad loans
- Axis Bank Q1 profit falls 19% to Rs 1,112 crore, NII grows 19.5%; slippages decline
- Axis Bank Q1 profit falls 19% at Rs 1,112 crore
- ICICI Bank share price slips 2% post Q1 numbers; brokerages maintain buy call
- Trade Spotlight: Axis Bank, HUL, L&T, Hero Moto and Bajaj Auto in focus
- Nifty bank rallies 1.95%; Bandhan bank leads rise
- Banking sector stress: How bad can the asset quality get?
- RBL looks at raising Rs 1 lakh crore from investors, small banks fare better at exercise: Report
- Kotak Mahindra bank profit falls 9 per cent on higher loan provisions
- Yes Bank FPO shares to list on July 27; stock plunges 49% in 2 weeks
- Trending Stock: Yes Bank has lost half its value since pricing FPO at Rs 12-13 per share
- Yes Bank locked in lower circuit as FPO shares debut on exchanges
- Closing Bell: PSU banks drag Nifty lower, Sensex down 99 pts; midcaps fall
- How severe is the bad loan shock awaiting Indian banks?
- Undercurrents in banking sector weak, brokerages bet on these stocks
- ICICI Bank posts smallest quarterly profit in two years on bad loan surge
- Sensex, Nifty end flat in volatile trade; RIL hits fresh peak
- BNP Paribas Arbitrage buys Shriram Transport RE shares, Smallcap World Fund offloads stake in Carborundum
Axis Bank shares end higher as bank's QIP opens for bidding have 531 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.