Half of the total Covid-19 patients in Vietnam are confirmed after the community transmission returned late in July.
Vietnam confirmed another 25 people infected with SARS-CoV-2 on August 13, taking the case count to 905, with more than half of infections found in the beach city of Danang where the virus reemerged three weeks ago.
|The Ministry of Health said that new infections will continue rising in the coming days. Photo: Zing|
The new infections included 14 in Danang, which continued to be the hardest-hit locality with 315 cases, and eight imported ones.
On the same day, three Covid-19 patients died due to pneumonia caused by coronavirus, end-stage renal failure, cardiovascular failure, hypertension, Type 2 diabetes, and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS).
The virus has appreared in the community in 15 cities and provinces which are Danang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Dak Lak, Lang Son, Bac Giang, Thai Binh, Ha Nam, Hai Duong, Thanh Hoa, Khanh Hoa, Dong Nai, and Bac Lieu.
|Newly-confirmed cases and deaths in Vietnam since the return of the virus in the community. Source: MOH. Chart: Linh Pham|
The widespread outbreak has prompted the government and local authorities to take tough measures, including lockdown, social distancing, wearing face masks in public places, among others.
In the latest move, the northern province of Hai Duong has decided to put its head city under lockdown from August 14.
- Chinese report says illnesses may be from new coronavirus
- Six new polio cases surface in Pakistan
- New coronavirus is linked to outbreak
- Six new polio cases surface in Pakistan, tally reaches 148
- New video shows 'missile' hit Ukrainian Airlines Boeing 737 before it crashed killing 176 - after Trump and Trudeau both said attack was a 'mistake' while Iran accuses the West of 'psychological warfare' as it DENIES it blew jet out of the sky
- Novel coronavirus case confirmed in Thailand: WHO
August 13: Vietnam reports 25 new coronavirus cases, tally hits 905 have 302 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at August 14, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.