The Ministry of Transport has proposed the Prime Minister allow the resumption of commercial flights between Vietnam and certain other countries in August.
PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc (Photo: chinhphu.vn)
It suggested flights to priority areas, including Guangzhou (China), Seoul (Republic of Korea), Tokyo (Japan), Taiwan (China), Vientiane (Laos), and Phnom Penh (Cambodia) be repopened, with one flight per week for each.
In line with these plans, each week will see between 2,500 and 3,000 passengers enter the country.
The Ministry of Transport, therefore, has assigned the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam to work with partners to discuss conditions for the transport of passengers between the two sides.
The first flight is expected to take off in early August.
According to the ministry, all international airports in Vietnam have returned to normal operations.
Foreign airlines such as Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines resumed international routes from and to Vietnam in June. Meanwhile, Emirates, Qatar Airways, China Airlines, Eva Airways, Asiana Airlines, and Korean Air resumed flights from and to Vietnam this month.
All Nippon Airways to resume Tokyo-HCM City route in August
All Nippon Airways Co. said on July 14 it will resume some international routes next month, including one connecting Tokyo and Ho Chi Minh City.
|All Nippon Airways to resume Tokyo-HCM City route in August|
It will also resume flights linking Tokyo’s Haneda airport to Taipei, Washington, and Paris in August 2020.
ANA said, however, that roughly 90 percent of its international services will remain suspended, the same level for this month amid the COVID-19 pandemic. VNA/VNN
The Ministry of Transport has proposed to the Prime Minister that international flights to priority areas could begin to operate from early August.
Vietnam will implement a pilot scheme of reopening international air routes to several regional countries to bring back Vietnamese citizens stranded overseas due to COVID-19,
- Vietnam transport ministry drops roof-sign requirement for Grabcar
- Vietnam Airlines increases flights to popular tourist destinations
- Bamboo Airways launches its first international route
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes broadening visa exemption
- Libya reopens Tripoli's Mitiga airport after two months of closure
- US and China agree to reopen trade talks in October
- Flight delayed after VN Airlines plane damaged by airstair
- Off-Duty TSA Officer Jumps to His Death at Orlando International Airport
- Little boy wins international music prizes
- Vietnam Airlines flight makes emergency landing in Romania for urgent medical attention
- Local authorities closely watch on US proposal on steel and aluminum import curbs
- Ha Giang appeals for international help to develop sustainable tourism
- FBI Warns of 'Alarming' Increase in In-Flight Sexual Assaults
- WHO declares Ebola outbreak an international emergency
- Ryanair cancels 40 to 50 flights a day for staff to go on holiday
- One-third of Japan's regular flights to S. Korea canceled: NHK
- Boeing 737 Max won't fly again before August, says airline trade body
- Vietnam Airlines to offer in-flight wifi
- SpaceX Says Manned Dragon Flight On Schedule for April 2019
- Reports of Drones Flying Near Airports Ground Flights Yet Again, This Time at Newark Liberty
VN Transport Ministry proposes reopening international flights in August have 491 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 16, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.