U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and the White House press secretary released two separate statements on the 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Vietnam on Saturday. The United States and Vietnam celebrated 25 years of diplomatic relations on July 11, 2020. In his statement to mark the occasion, Secretary Pompeo said that the two countries have built a partnership and friendship founded on shared interests, mutual respect, and people-to-people ties over the last quarter century. The bilateral everyday interactions are highlighted by increasing trade and investment ties, strategic cooperation, and collaboration on humanitarian and legacy of war issues, including the solemn duty of accounting for the countries’ wartime missing, Pompeo said. In recent years, the two nations have strengthened and expanded their comprehensive partnership based on a shared vision of a stable and peaceful Indo-Pacific region, as well as respect for each other’s independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity, and political systems, he added. “The ties between the American and Vietnamese peoples grow deeper every year. America’s vibrant and engaged Vietnamese-American community makes our country strong and prosperous,” the statement reads. The statement also affirmed that the U.S. values the cross-cultural role played by the nearly 30,000 Vietnamese students studying in the United States and more… Read full this story
- UK Gov't Launches Picture Contest to Celebrate 70 Years of British-Israeli Diplomatic Relations
- Djibouti Reduces Level of Diplomatic Relations With Qatar
- Sudan appoints its first ambassador to the US in 25 years
- 'She shut them down': District Attorney BLOCKED arrests of her 'friend' and his son now charged with 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery's murder, officials claim - as the pair appear in court for the first time and Trump describes shooting as 'very disturbing'
- Death threats, moving houses: Taslima Nasrin completes 25 years of exile abroad
- 25-year-old’s coronavirus death in Riverside County a reminder that all are at risk
- Exposed: Modern beauty myths no woman should ever fall for! After 25 years of trial and error, beauty editor INGE VAN LOTRINGEN lifts the lid on the skincare promises you should never trust
- Jerry Seinfeld Set To Release First Comedy Book In 25 Years Later This Fall
- Pandemic may cause Africa’s 1st recession in 25 years — World Bank
- 25-year-old is part of Covid-19 house-to-house survey team of RSS volunteers
US commemorates 25 years of diplomatic relations with Vietnam have 389 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.