The transportation cost has accounted for 61 per cent of total logistics cost for fruit and vegetable products. —Photo kinhtedothi.vn HÀ NỘI — The State should develop solutions to reduce high logistics costs in trading agricultural products to improve the competitiveness of Vietnamese farm produce on the market, according to experts. The logistics costs have accounted for 12.2 per cent of seafood product value, 19.8 per cent of rice product value and 29.5 per cent of fruit and vegetable value, Nguyễn Duy Minh, vice chairman and general secretary of the Việt Nam Logistics Business Association (VLA), said. Especially, Minh said the transportation cost has accounted for 61 per cent of total logistics cost for fruit and vegetable products, followed by handling costs with nearly 20 per cent of the logistics costs. At an online conference on the logistics costs in the value chain of Vietnamese agricultural products held on Thursday in Hà Nội, the experts said that the factors behind the high logistics cost included high transportation cost, high fees and charges of foreign shipping companies and restrictions on ports and infrastructure. Besides that, new rates of infrastructure fees set by localities and the implementation of special inspection or quarantine quality inspection were also reasons… Read full this story
- Smart ways to reduce workforce costs
- CSC and HP team up to define the new state needed for comprehensive enterprise cybersecurity
- Can U.S. farms produce food without relying heavily on fossil fuels?
- Home energy retrofits reducing healthcare costs
- Experts: States need uniform policy for health IT
- Diamond defects could lead to low-cost medical devices
- Service Virtualization brings speed benefit and lower costs to TTNET applications testing
- Watch the U.S. wind farm boom unfold
- Dell EMC: APAC modernised IT infrastructure shift driven by cost saving
- Pew takes state-level pulse on climate change
State needs solutions to reduce logistics cost for farm produce have 312 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.