NORRISTOWN, PA — The Norristown School District announced a decisive step in their coronavirus mitigation protocols on Tuesday, stating that no in-person schooling would be held through at least the end of 2020. While the school district had been considering a hybrid option, they will hold online instruction only through Jan. 8, 2021. That applies to all students in all grades, from K through 12. They will consider offering an in-person option beginning Jan. 11, in addition to online learning, if health conditions improve. The decision was influenced by discussions with pediatrics groups regarding mortality rates of coronavirus. “I will not be the superintendent who puts anyone, not one child, not one staff member, in harm’s way,” Norristown Superintendent Christopher Dormer said Tuesday in the announcement of the final plan. >>Montco Schools ‘Cannot Guarantee’ Covid-Free Environment: Leaders Students will follow a regular five-day per week schedule online. All students will receive a Chromebook, and the district will continue its food service to children. The district said they recognized that some families need to return to work, leaving them in a difficult position. They pointed to a failure at the federal level for the present situation. “However, we do not feel… Read full this story
- Joe Biden rages over school shootings as he holds his first 2020 rally in California
- Chandigarh school holds science symposium
- Norristown To Hold Controlled Deer Hunt
- 2020 Democrats demand action on guns after Santa Clarita shooting
- What's the Average Social Security Check in Norristown?
- Cy-Fair school board approves improvement plans for Bane, Francone elementaries
- Best High Schools In Philly Metro: See New Rankings By U.S. News
- NTA Negotiations Update #7 2019-2020
- Lamorinda Schools Cash In On Increased Lottery Sales
- Walnut Creek Schools Cash In On Increased Lottery Sales
Norristown Schools Will Not Hold In-Person Instruction In 2020 have 301 words, post on patch.com at July 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.