In their final Premier League fixture of the campaign, Chelsea defeated Wolves 2-0 at Stamford Bridge thanks to quickfire goals from Mason Mount and Olivier Giroud.
The victory meant Chelsea finished in fourth place, with Manchester United clinching third thanks to a 2-0 win over Leicester City.
But Lampard is not resting on his achievements so far, with Chelsea facing Arsenal in the FA Cup final next week ahead of returning to Champions League action against Bayern Munich in August, prior to the new Premier League season in September.
“I am very pleased and I don’t want to sing my own praises,” Lampard told a news conference when asked what it meant for Chelsea to secure a top-four finish.
“I have said a lot before and there were unknowns. You have seen so many breakthrough seasons from players, so it’s a team effort of staff and players.
“I am proud, but we want to challenge for titles in the future. We have been inconsistent at times.
4 – Frank Lampard finished fourth in his first season as a manager with Chelsea, the highest finish by a debuting English manager since Frank Clark with Nottingham Forest in 1994-95. Foundations. pic.twitter.com/vOlscHX6JR
— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) July 26, 2020
“Myself and the staff want to improve every time, the challenge now is to see what more we can do next season.
“I have learnt a million things [this season] but I just want success for this club. It feels like we have an element of achievement, but we have a big game next week.”
Chelsea’s new signing Timo Werner watched on from the stands at Stamford Bridge, and Lampard believes the Germany international will have been impressed by what he saw.
“I hope he’d see a team who played with a lot of spirit,” Lampard said.
“With a moment like Mason Mount had and we have things we want to improve on, but there’s talent in the squad. Hopefully it was a nice first viewing for him.”
While Werner and Hakim Ziyech have already been brought in, one player leaving Chelsea is Pedro, who came on as a late substitute for what Lampard confirmed will be his final appearance for the club.
“Pedro has played his last game for the club, but what he has done for this club has been very special, he has been serenaded in the dressing room,” Lampard added.
- Barcelona, Chelsea advance to Champions League last 16
- Eden Hazard's future rests on Chelsea qualifying for Champions League
- Premier League teams chasing record in Champions League
- Champions League group stage reaches climax
- Chelsea's Hazard hopeful for Champions League title win
- Atletico beats Roma 2-0 to stay alive in Champions League
- Manchester City, Liverpool deny Arsenal Champions League slot on final day
- Atletico again held by 10-man Qarabag in Champions League
- Atletico out of Champions League after drawing at Chelsea
- Manchester United, Roma, Juventus advance in Champions League
- Roma wins Champions League group after beating Qarabag 1-0
- Liverpool completes Champions League sweep for Premier League
- Bayern advances in Champions League with 2-1 win at Celtic
- United tops Champions League group with 2-1 win over CSKA
- Man City beats Feyenoord 1-0 to win Champions League group
- Champions League last-16 draw seeds completed by Liverpool
- Sevilla draws at Maribor to make last 16 of Champions League
- Premier League Preview: 5 Things to Look out for as the 2018-19 Season Kicks Off
- Premier League Odds: Can Anyone Stop Manchester City from Retaining the Title?
- Manchester United Vs Leicester City: Live Stream and TV Info for Premier League Opener
Lampard challenges Chelsea after Blues seal Champions League place have 709 words, post on www.mykhel.com at July 27, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.