In terms of swift charging, consumer satisfaction was highest with OPPO (95 per cent), followed by OnePlus (93 per cent) and Samsung (91 per cent).
When asked about the importance of smartphone features, 61 per cent respondents cited battery life as a key consideration, just behind the camera, according to the ‘Insights On the Go’ survey by CyberMedia Research (CMR).
“Whether it be an endless stream of work-related calls or catching up with family and friends, the smartphone battery life plays an essential role. For consumers, a long battery life, as well as quickly amping up the battery juice – both are critical,” said Prabhu Ram, Head- Industry Intelligence Group (IIG), CMR.
Consumers are so much concerned about battery life that they turn down screen brightness (70 per cent), turn-on battery saver mode (66 per cent), close battery-consuming apps (63 per cent) and, in extremely critical circumstances, even turn off Wi-Fi (56 per cent) and location services (50 per cent).
The findings showed that seven in every eight users charge their smartphone at least once in a day and average duration of charging in a day is 66 minutes.
The six-city survey involved 2,000 smartphone users in 18-30 age group.
“While smartphone brands push newer technological innovations, consumer priorities are equally centered around the basics, such as smartphone battery. So much so that the battery is a key factor in smartphone purchase priorities,” said Satya Mohanty, Head- Industry Consulting Group (ICG), CMR.
- ‘Secret shoppers’ find heroin users denied medical treatment
- Electric cars and charging stations are starting to mature
- ‘996’ Is China’s Version of Hustle Culture. Tech Workers Are Sick of It.
- Magid: Charging advances make electric cars more enticing
- LifeOmic Launches LIFE Fasting Tracker
- Tech titans face antitrust probe from House lawmakers
- Wolcott at forefront of fast-growing trend of doorbell cams
- Fast-growing web of doorbell cameras raises privacy fears
- Scientists Are Giving Dead Brains New Life. What Could Go Wrong?
- TODD SMITH — Tech, telecom & wheels, oh, my, rule top 50 brands
- Jaguar charges into future with first-ever electric-SUV race
- Pacifica Brings Sporty Performance to Mom-mobiles
- America’s Border War Gets High-Tech and Nasty
- Laura Dern Embraces the Messiness of Human Life
- Stonewall 1979: Gay Life, Present at the Creation
- 36 things you didn't know you needed on Amazon
- Expert picks for a child’s first phone, from basic to smart
- The $60 Gadget That’s Changing Electronic Music
- New Coke, Cheetos lip balm among 50 all-time worst product flops
- Apple introduces new features in iOS 13
Indian mobile users seek superior fast-charging tech, long battery life: Survey have 453 words, post on telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.