MANCHESTER UNITED will qualify for a Champions League place if they draw their remaining two games.
But if they win their first one and lose the last, despite that resulting in MORE points, they could miss out.
That’s because United face Leicester in their final game of the season – the other team aiming to bag fourth spot.
Solskjaer‘s side are level points and on goal difference with the Foxes heading in to the final stretch.
So if United managed to LOSE to the Hammers, they would be going into the Leicester game with a WORSE goal difference, meaning only a victory would do.
If United DREW with West Ham, as long as they avoided defeat to Leicester, they would secure that coveted fourth spot.
And finally if United BEAT West Ham, a win or a draw against Leicester would see them finish fourth.
But if they lost the final game against Brendan Rodgers’ side it would mean both teams finish on level points, 65.
Depending on how many goals they beat West Ham by would determine where they finish – Leicester currently have scored FOUR more goals.
Most read in Football
Warnock refusing to accept any money from Boro for now as he focuses on survival
Leeds presenter Emma Louise Jones set to dazzle Premier League after promotion
Man City star Riyad Mahrez takes new girlfriend Taylor Ward out for lunch
Guardiola slams Arsenal as he fumes over Arteta pursuit and City Euro ban plot
Harry Kane & wife Katie are having baby boy after brilliant gender reveal video
Solskjaer ready to DROP dodgy De Gea for Prem run-in with Romero to replace him
Chelsea currently sit in third with 63 points, one ahead of both United and Leicester, with two games to play.
But if they lose BOTH their remaining games, against Wolves and Liverpool, they could finish outside the top four.
That would need United to beat West Ham and Leicester to beat United for it to play out.
- Chelsea Edge Closer to Champions League Spot After Draw vs. Manchester United
- Perfect run-in can secure Champions League spot for Chelsea, vows Willian
- Tottenham face a big battle for their Champions League spot, warns Sarri
- Chelsea need more than just Hazard to clinch Champions League spot
- Schalke vs Man City, Champions League last-16, first leg: live score and latest updates
- Leicester vs Man Utd: Premer League
- No winners in race for final Champions League spot in Spain
- Getafe loses to Barca, drops out of Champions League spots
- Newcastle vs Man Utd: Premier League as it happened
- Pereira warns Man Utd cannot afford another slip-up against Chelsea
- Newcastle vs Man Utd: Premier League preview
- Man Utd and Chelsea in 'straight fight' for top four, Arsenal are out
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer still believes Man Utd can secure Champions League football
- Champions League highlights tonight
- Man Utd news: Juventus ‘preparing move’ to bring Paul Pogba back and pair him with Aaron Ramsey
- Everton vs Chelsea channel: How to watch
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Man Utd now have little room for error in top-four battle
- What Tottenham defeat means for the Premier League top-four race
- Mike Phelan using intense 45-minute drills to return Man Utd to attacking style
- Champions League last 16 draw: Liverpool handed Bayern Munich test as Manchester United face PSG
How two points will clinch Man Utd Champions League spot but three could see them FAIL in race vs Chelsea and Leicester have 585 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 20, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.