Bill Clinton described normalization of relations as "one of the most important achievements of my presidency.”
Former US President Bill Clinton, who announced the normalization of US-Vietnam relations a quarter century ago, has hailed the partnership between the two former war foes.
|A screenshot of Clinton’s tweet|
He also thanked "all of those whose support made it possible, including Senators [John] McCain, [John] Kerry, [Bob] Kerrey, [Chuck] Robb, and [Max] Cleland and Congressman [Douglas] Peterson — all Vietnam veterans."
Former US President Bill Clinton, right, toasts with Vietnamese Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh during an event celebrating 239th anniversary of the US independence and 20th anniversary of normalization of relations between the US and Vietnam in Hanoi, Vietnam on Thursday July 2, 2015. (AP / Tran Van Minh.)
In the fifth visit to Vietnam in 2015 to celebrate 20 years of US-Vietnam diplomatic ties, Clinton described normalization of relations as "one of the most important achievements of my presidency," and said it helped lift the burden that had been weighing down the American spirit since the Vietnam War, AP reported.
- Meet Tairrie B: Hip-Hop's first white female rapper (who was signed to Eazy-E's label) returns with new album after 25 years
- CIFI issues US$419 million senior notes at a coupon rate of 4.375% with a 6.25-year maturity
- France’s President Hollande wants to visit Vietnam soon
- Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin announces death of 25-year-old son: 'Tommy was pure magic'
- Melissa Doyle leaves Channel Seven: Veteran host is dropped amid COVID-19 cutbacks - seven years after her unceremonious exit from Sunrise
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo begins official visit to Vietnam
- Archives exhibition traces pre and post-war US-Vietnam relations
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 4
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 30
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 31
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 31
- Indian newspaper highlights importance of Vietnam’s 13th party congress
- How Every State Voted for President Over the Last 100 Years
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 4
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 29
- Vietnam exits 2020 with pandemic success, stronger international role
- Vietnam external relations in 2020: mettle and new posture
- Gulf Today: Vietnam powers ahead in economic growth
Former President Clinton ‘grateful’ for 25 years of Vietnam-US partnership have 338 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.