FERTILITY rates are at a record low for women in most age groups.
Those 40 and over are the only group to see an increase — with a rise to 16.5 births per 1,000.
Overall in England and Wales, women are likely to have 1.65 children in their lifetime — the lowest since 1.84 in 1938.
Last year the mean age of a mum was 30.7, up from 26.4 in 1973, said the Office for National Statistics.
There were 640,370 live births in 2019, down 12.2 per cent on 2012.
David Corps, of the ONS, said: "The story of births in England and Wales in 2019 is one of decreases and record lows, with the total number of births continuing the fall we’ve seen in recent years.
“The total number of births continuing the fall we’ve seen in recent years,”
Most read in Health News
“Wales had the lowest fertility rate since our records began and England’s is nearing its record low.
“For stillbirths, the rate in England continued the decline seen in recent years, reaching a record low of 3.8 stillbirths per 1,000 total births in 2019.
“To achieve the government ambition to halve stillbirth rates in England by 2025, the rate must fall to 2.6 by that year.”
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
- The Crazy Plan to Restore a Woman's Fertility-and Defy the Limits of Nature
- How Interest Rates Will Affect Your Finances in 2015
- Shocking: Obamacare Linked to Early Cervical Cancer Detection in Young Women
- Should there really be a cutoff age for mammograms?
- 'Looking Your Age' Has Lost All Meaning
- Women's cancer deaths expected to rise 60% by 2030
- When Should Women Start Getting Mammograms, and Why Is It So Controversial to Ask?
- How TV Ratings Work
- For the First Time, Women in Their 30s Are Having More Kids Than Women in Their 20s
- Share of Young Women Living With Their Parents Hits Record High, Matching Pre-WWII Levels
- Single Lades in New York Buying Their Own Damn Apartments
- Racial disparities receding for women with breast cancer
- A (slightly) brighter future for women in tech
- More women got mammograms when Obamacare paid for them
- What You Find on a Stroll Through New York City’s Macabre Past
- Suicide Rates Among Female Veterans Are 'Obscenely High'
- After Spike in Deaths, New York to Get 250 Miles of Protected Bike Lanes
- High-Intensity Interval Training Helps Slow Down the Aging Process
- Report: Celebrities Aren't the Only Women Having Kids Over 40
- On Average, Women in Rural Areas Start Having Sex Earlier and Have More Kids
Fertility rates at lowest level in 82 years for women across most age groups — with average age of new mum rising to 30 have 460 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 23, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.