Aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on July 3 further extended the suspension on international flights until July 31.
The DGCA did, however, note that ”international scheduled flights may be allowed on select routes by the competent authority on case-to-case basis”.
The restriction shall not, however, apply to international all-cargo operations and flights specifically approved by the DGCA.
Earlier on June 26, the aviation regulator had announced an extension of the suspension of international flight operations until July 15.
International flight operations have remained suspended for around three months now, as flights to and from the country were suspended even before the March 24 announcement of the nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Domestic flight operations, which were also suspended in light of the lockdown, resumed in a calibrated manner starting May 25.
The government has, however, brought back several citizens stranded abroad amid the coronavirus pandemic. It did so by operating flights under various legs of the Vande Bharat Mission, which is at present in its fourth phase.
Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri had last month reiterated his stance that once domestic flights are scaled up to around 55 percent of their total operation strength, the government could look at resuming international operations.
- Egypt, Russia to resume direct flights two years after plane crash
- Costamare Inc. Reports Results for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2018
- After more than 2 year suspension, Russia resumes flights to Cairo
- Egypt receives 2nd Moscow-Cairo Aeroflot flight
- Endurance International Group Reports 2018 First Quarter Results
- Press digest – July 30
- 5 international trips that are cheaper than a weekend in London
- The Government’s regular meeting – July 2015
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation Reports Results for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2018
- Yes, Houston has a nonstop flight to New Zealand (and many other destinations)
- Why you should listen to flight safety demos
- Hundreds of planes in US and EU to undergo emergency inspections after fatal explosion on Southwest flight
- Southwest Jet Engine Blows Out in Flight, Killing Passenger
- JetBlue is fighting back against fines for late-night flights at Long Beach Airport
- Lydall Announces Financial Results for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2018
- Colliers International Expands and Extends Revolving Credit Facility
- PetroShale Announces Financial and Operating Results and Reserves for the Year Ended December 31, 2017
- Humanity's first flight to Sun set to launch in July: NASA
- Google Maps brings Street View to the International Space Station
- Detroit’s Downtown Boxing Gym, Extends Free Access to Company’s Powerful Adaptive Math Program
COVID-19 impact | DGCA extends suspension of international flights until July 31 have 437 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at July 3, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.