The president voices hope that cases are “levelling off” in US hotspots, but warns of more deaths. President Donald Trump has expressed hope coronavirus cases were “levelling off” in US hotspots, saying he saw “light at the end of the tunnel”. On Sunday, New York, the epicentre of the US outbreak, reported a drop in the number of new infections and deaths. Mr Trump described the dip as a “good sign”, but warned of more deaths as the pandemic neared its “peak” in the US. “In the days ahead, America will endure the peak of this pandemic,” Mr Trump said at his daily coronavirus briefing. He said more medical personnel and supplies, including masks and ventilators, would be sent to the states that are most in need of assistance. Deborah Birx, a member of the president’s coronavirus task force, said the situation in Italy and Spain, where infections and deaths have fallen in recent days, was “giving us hope on what our future could be”. “We’re hopeful over the next week that we’ll see a stabilisation of cases in these metropolitan areas where the outbreak began several weeks ago,” Dr Birx said at the same news conference. Optimism from Dr… Read full this story
- Donald Trump is hoping a strong US economy will ensure his re-election, but the numbers show a less sunny projection
- Trump voices opposition to proposed export controls
- Fall in new coronavirus cases raises hope in China
- Italian bus driver sparks coronavirus panic in France: Cops impound coach from Milan after driver begins displaying symptoms, shortly after Mauritius demanded plane passengers from Italy flew straight back or entered quarantine
- What We Know About the Trump Administration’s Mishandling of the Coronavirus
- Trump knocks Democrats at rally: Bloomberg 'getting pounded'
- Trump shares clip of Fox host Tucker Carlson suggesting he pardon Stone
- Little progress on trade, India, US to talk defence during Donald Trump’s visit
- India pours on the pageantry with colorful welcome for Trump
- Jared Kushner Went to Iraq Because the Pentagon Knows How Trump Operates
Coronavirus: Trump voices hope for ‘levelling-off’ in US hotspots have 354 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 4, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.