BEIJING, July 17 (Xinhua) — China’s civil aviation regulator said on Friday that Japan Airlines, Lao Airlines, and Hainan Airlines are allowed to increase their number of international flights because of their effective COVID-19 control measures.
Flights JL829/0 between Tokyo and Dalian, flights QV815/6 between Vientiane and Kunming, flights HU491/2 between Beijing and Brussels, and flights HU7975/6 between Beijing and Toronto are the second batch of “rewarded flights” following the introduction of a reward-and-suspension system by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) on June 4.
The number of these roundtrip flights can be increased from one to two per week until Oct. 24, according to the CAAC.
Japan Airlines and Lao Airlines are the first two foreign airlines to be rewarded.
According to the CAAC policy, if all inbound passengers test negative for novel coronavirus for three weeks in a row, the airline will be allowed to increase the number of flights to two per week.
If the number of passengers testing positive reaches five, the airline’s flights will be suspended for a week. The suspension will last four weeks if the number of passengers testing positive reaches 10.
The measure to resume some international passenger flights aims to balance epidemic control with economic and social development, said the CAAC. Enditem
- Capital redirects some international flights
- Some inbound Beijing Capital Intl flights to be diverted
- No international flights allowed in India after March 22
- Fiji Airways suspends 95 percent of international flights
- EU to freeze greenhouse gas curbs on foreign flights till September 2013
- Coronavirus travel restrictions block arrivals from China, as Government warns visas could be cancelled
- Airlines, hotels may give you credit for cancelling your travel booking due to coronavirus
- Coronavirus pandemic will bankrupt nearly ALL of the world's airlines in a matter of WEEKS, Australian aviation experts say
- Overseas students scramble for flights home
- 'A hopeful change' as 3 Chinese airlines resume SFO flights
- Delta is cutting flight capacity by a staggering 70% amid the coronavirus crisis
- Business Fallout: Airlines fear failure, delivery in demand
- Airlines face reckoning as government help comes with strings attached
- Africa gets emergency medical supplies from China's Jack Ma
- Wuhan eases coronavirus lockdown as restrictions intensify outside China
- Hong Kong flights cancelled again as Carrie Lam warns protests are pushing city 'into the abyss'
- Nation's civil aviation body orders orderly redirection of Beijing intl flights
- UK is now worst offender for sending cases to China as family-of-six become latest to take infection home
- Philippines reports world’s 1st virus death outside China
- Saudi coronavirus cases pass 500; Emirates cancels most passenger flights
China allows three airlines more international flights have 407 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 17, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.