The program attracted the participation of about 300 Buddhist monks, nuns, and followers.
Addressing the event, Most Venerable Thich Thanh Nhieu, Permanent Vice Chairman of the VBS's Executive Council, said many patients are in critical conditions because of a lack of blood. Therefore, blood donation was a good deed to save more lives.
According to Doctor Tran Quoc Hung, Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Red Cross Society, people from all walks of life can participate in blood donation – a humane activity.
The program collected more than 200 units of blood for the hospital's blood bank.
During its 2,000-year-old development history in Vietnam, Buddhism has always embraced national traditions and fostered the spirit of compassion, non-ego, and selflessness among Vietnamese communities.
The practical program expressed the care and compassion of the religious leaders, Buddhist monks, nuns, and followers for patients as their donated blood helps ease blood shortages and save patients at hospital.
Meanwhile, Most Venerable Thich Duc Thien, Vice President and General Secretary of the VBS, shared that along with regularly holding blood donation activities, the VBS actively raises its members and followers' awareness of body organ donation for life-saving organ transplants in Vietnam.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Blood donation scheme rolled out to more schools in Wales
- Orlando Shooting: Should Curbs on Blood Donations from Gay Men Be Lifted?
- Brave dogs step up to make blood donations: Pet owners come together to create a safe system to help local canines in need
- Blood donation rules ease for gay and bisexual men
- Vietnamese man sets goal to donate blood 100 times
- The Outrageous Celibacy Requirement for Gay Blood Donors
- Giving blood: 'We are reliant on blood donors to keep Henry alive'
- Revealed: Extinction Rebellion gang who caused chaos for London Underground commuters include a Buddhist teacher, a doctor, a grandfather and a vicar
- Gay men blood donor ban to be lifted
- Blood Battle Ramps Up As OSU v. UM Game Nears
- Help us change the law on organ donation: Write to your MP and ask them to back crucial vote
- Boy Gets Food Allergies from Blood Transfusion
- ‘Mumbai sees 27% rise in donated blood with hepatitis C, syphilis, malaria infections’
- Bad Blood? Why Transfusions from Women May Be Risky for Men
- Chick fil-A ends controversial donations to anti-LGBTQ charities and organizations after years of backlash
- New blood test may be able to detect over 20 types of cancers
- Paramedic is struck off after telling a woman who was having a miscarriage that the colour of her blood was 'festive'
- The joy of seeing a life saved by the loss of my son: Tom was just 22 when he died - but organ donation meant he helped an incredible 50 people. Now, in an uplifting interview, his mother meets one of the lucky ones
- 'Change a Life, Save a Life' donation collaboration continues
- Officer Noah Leotta Memorial Blood Drive Set
Buddhist followers register for blood donation have 461 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.