Oil tycoon Lim Oon Kuin founded Hin Leong Trading in 1963 at age 20, with a single truck delivering diesel to fishermen and small rural power producers.
Two years later, he started an oil distribution business as a “one-man-one-truck” oil dealer, selling oil he bought wholesale from major producers to taxi and bus companies and fishing boat operators.
Get unlimited access to all stories at $0.99/month
- Latest headlines and exclusive stories
- In-depth analyses and award-winning multimedia content
- Get access to all with our no-contract promotional package at only $0.99/month for the first 3 months*
*Terms and conditions apply.
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 11
- Revealed: BP's close ties with the UK government
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 18
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 10
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 14
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 17 (updated hourly)
- The £7.5bn Black Friday: Beleaguered retailers are set for sales boost today as frenzied shoppers switch to spending online... but high streets are eerily quiet
- 100 Best Films of the 21st Century, According to Critics
- Dogger Bank milestone places wind in sails of climate goals
What brought down Singapore oil trading giant Hin Leong? Tracing the rise and fall of oil tycoon O.K. Lim have 186 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at June 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.