Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his French counterpart Edouard Philippe discussed some cooperation measures in the COVID-19 fight and ways to reinforce the countries' relations during their phone talks on June 11.
The two PMs applauded recent strides in their countries' strategic partnership in terms of politics, economy, trade, aerospace, healthcare, environment, education-training, culture and tourism. They also emphasised the development potential of bilateral cooperation for the time ahead.
The French PM recalled his visit to Vietnam in 2018 and agreed that the two countries need to increase communication to work out measures for developing the strategic partnership more extensively and effectively.
Edouard Philippe also spoke highly of Vietnam's efforts in the COVID-19 fight and thanked the Vietnamese Government and people for their medical supplies for his country, which he said demonstrate the sentiment and close ties between the two nations.
PM Phuc showed his sympathy with the French Government's efforts in pandemic control, noting that COVID-19 is a common challenge to all countries around the world.
Vietnam is ready to cooperate with France and all partners to jointly overcome these trying times, he stressed.
During the talks, the two PMs highly valued the progress in Vietnam-EU relations, especially the work for the enforcement of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA).
The Vietnamese leader appreciated the French Government's support for comprehensively developing Vietnam-EU connections.
Informing his counterpart about the Vietnamese National Assembly's ratification of the EVFTA and EVIPA, PM Phuc expressed his belief that the two deals will create new momentum for the economic, trade and investment links between Vietnam and the EU, including France, especially amid both sides' efforts to recover their pandemic-hit growth.
He also asked the French parliament to ratify the EVIPA soon so as to materialise the benefits that this agreement can generate.
Exchanging views on international and regional issues of shared concern, the leaders voiced their delight at the two countries' close cooperation at multilateral forums, at the UN Security Council since Vietnam began to serve as a non-permanent member in January 2020, as well as in developing ASEAN's ties with the EU and France during Vietnam's term as ASEAN Chairman.
They affirmed that the strong coordination has not only helped combat against COVID-19 at present but also contributed to the realisation of the Sustainable Development Goals, climate change response, environmental protection, and the maintenance of security, stability and respect for international law in the regions, as well as in the East Sea./.
- Vietnam-US Economic Cooperation Enhanced
- PM Talks about Future Actions Following Official TPP Signing
- PM requests promoting Vietnam-Cambodia cooperation mechanisms
- French gov’t to facilitate IT cooperation with Vietnam
- Malaysian PM’s visit to Vietnam to enhance bilateral ties
- Vietnam PM meets with Australian Governor-General
- PM Greets Australian, French Ambassadors
- VN looks to a blueprint for cooperation with Africa
- Deputy PM Trọng meets Guangxi’s leaders
- Vietnam seeks Yunnan’s cooperation in border management
- VN, Laos Strengthen Bilateral Cooperation
- French President to Visit Vietnam Next Year
- Vietnam, Palestine enhance long standing cooperation
- Press digest – October 19
- Relations with neighboring countries enhanced
- Multilateral Cooperative Relationships Deepen with PM’s Visits to Germany and the Netherlands
- Vietnamese PM Concludes France Visit
- Vietnam - France Cooperation: Diversified and Sustainable
- Weekly digest – September 19-25
- PM receives Malaysian DPM
Vietnamese, French PMs talk COVID-19 fight, cooperation enhancement have 567 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.