NEYMAR fired a warning to Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions Leagues rivals with his aim to “make history” with the Ligue 1 giants.
The superstar winger is eager to help his side win the contest for the first time in their 49-year existence.
And the Brazil international is plotting to win Europe’s most prestigious prize this season.
Neymar, 28, became the world’s priciest football player when he signed for PSG from Barcelona in 2017 in a sensational £201million deal.
Since his mega transfer, the Brazilian has endured high and low moments in the French capital.
Among the most dramatic was the forward being on the sharp end of PSG fans’ furious chants, following rumours of a move back to Spain last summer.
Neymar’s relationship with fans appears to have improved, with the player scoring 13 goals in 15 Ligue 1 appearances this term.
And the winger was on target twice for PSG in the Champions League helping them beat Borussia Dortmund 3-2 on aggregate before football’s suspension.
The Brazilian, who already has three Ligue 1 titles with the Paris club, is determined to see his team land some Champions League silverware.
Neymar said on his official website: “I am ready and excited to return, thinking a lot about the Champions League, of course.
“We have a strong group, conquered a historical qualification, with the same intensity and dedication, but I miss the heat of the game.
“I can barely wait to enter the pitch and if it’s God’s will, make history.”
Neymar’s upbeat sentiments were echoed by Ricardo Rosa.
The Brazilian’s fitness trainer has been helping the player stay in tip-top condition during the Covid-19 lockdown.
Rosa said: “I’ve never had the possibility of being three months straight with him and he demonstrated dedication and commitment.”
Most read in football
CLOWNS ‘N CROWNS
Covid-19 showed football’s good, bad and ugly from Kop glory to Wigan woe
Man Utd transfer news LIVE: All the gossip and updates from Old Trafford
Chelsea transfer news LIVE – Latest updates from Stamford Bridge
Arsenal transfer news LIVE – Latest updates from the Emirates
STAND OR DELIVER
Jamie Vardy’s name set to be erased from stand of first non-league club
Mourinho helping boost Saudi Arabia’s in plan to build academy HQ in England
Chelsea face Willian headache in FA Cup final as opponents Arsenal near deal
Brentford vs Swansea: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and team news
Uefa plans to host this season’s Champions League quarter-finals in a mini-tournament set up in Portugal.
Fixtures from this round are due to take place from August 12-15 – and will be one game rather than two legs.
And the draw for the quarter and semi-finals are due to be held on July 10.
- I will stand up to Trump, vows Boris: Johnson says he will be 'robust' in dealing with the US President and claims ousted British ambassador has his 'full support' - despite failing to back him before resignation
- How Trump Could Wind up Making Globalism Great Again
- Out at Home: Yankees Eliminated by Rival Red Sox in ALDS
- California’s new earthquake warnings deliver critical seconds of notice
- Primary takeaways: A history-making upset in Florida, the establishment wins in Arizona
- The Doors – LA Woman and Jim Morrison’s tipping point
- Pinkerton—Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Meet Jimmy Carter: He Also Saw Energy Policy as ‘War’
- Brazil's talisman striker was fouled more times than any World Cup player in 20 years in their first match
- FIFA 19 demo out today as ratings for the 100 best players in the game are revealed
- FIFA 19 release date, gameplay demo, ratings and Ultimate Team news
- James J. ‘Whitey’ Bulger dead after long, murderous career
- Dota 2 Team OG's Ceb Talks About Winning Back-To-Back TIs
- Ring Of Honor's Shane Taylor Loves Black Ops 4's Blackout Mode
- Riot Games Moves To Block Employees From Taking Legal Action Against Company
- 20 Honest Observations from the Sundance Film Festival
- Newbie Recap: “The Blessing Way” and “Paper Clip”
- John Lasseter leads Disney to next great phase
- A Landmark Legal Shift Opens Pandora’s Box for DIY Guns
- Newbie Recap: “Leonard Betts,” “Never Again,” & “Memento Mori”
- E3 2018 as it happened: All the games and announcements
Neymar fires warning to PSG’s Champions League rivals insisting he’s in tip-top shape and out to ‘make history’ have 737 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 21, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.