The 16th Miss Vietnam beauty pageant which is supposed to take place on August 5 will be delayed due to Covid-19 according to the organiser. Policies encourage automakers to assemble cars in Vietnam Le Xuan Son, editor-in-chief of Tien Phong News and head of the organising board, said the contest would be delayed to an unknown date as show of responsibility for everyone involved and after prime ministerial directives about strengthening preventive measures against Covid-19. “We believe that the outbreak in Vietnam will be brought under control soon and the contest can be successfully organised. We hope to start the final round for the southern region in early October and the final round for the northern region in late October and the final night will be in mid-December,” he said. Pham Thi Dung, director of Sen Vang Company, vice head of the organising board said, “We felt encouraged that despite the complicated development of Covid-19, the contest has still received attention and support from all parties and firms.” The Miss Vietnam beauty pageant was first held in 1988 opened for Vietnamese women age from 18 to 27. Besides from the crown and prize money, the winner will also represent Vietnam… Read full this story
- Nearly 40,000 flights delayed in 2018
- At least 33 people are dead and 16 missing after powerful Typhoon Hagibis ripped through Japan triggering deadly landslides and flooding rivers with hundreds of homes evacuated
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 15
- To know few thingh about the Travel Insurance for Vietnam
- Charges dropped over missing Vietnamese girl
- 67 dead, rescuers in 'day and night' hunt for missing after Japan typhoon
- One dead as 'unprecedented' Typhoon Hagibis slams into Japan
- Basel II deadline rapidly approaching, are banks on course to meet norms?
- Japan rescuers seek survivors after Typhoon Hagibis kills 35
- Will the outcry of Kurdish mothers be heard in the US?
Miss Vietnam to be delayed have 317 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.