Police in Bac Ninh Province have arrested and launched legal proceedings against seven people for illegally appropriating property on social media.
|Evidence including papers, mobile phones and other electronic devices were seized. — Photo baobacgiang.com.vn|
The accused are Pham Xuan Thai, 18, Le Viet Quy, 26, Cao Dang Nhu, 25, from central Quang Trị Province; Trinh Minh Vuong, 30, Nguyen Van Dien, 23, Le Huu Quy, 27 and Trinh Ha Son Binh, 34, from Thua Thien-Hue Province.
The ring was headed by Thai, a high school student, who was in charge of setting up fake websites and then sending links to the Facebook accounts of Vietnamese people living abroad.
When the account owners logged into the websites, their passwords would be stolen, and their Facebook accounts taken control of by the hackers.
Since earlier this year, 14 of such fake websites were created, and the gang successfully defrauded more than VND10 billion (US$429,000) from victims by hacking 100 Facebook accounts.
Thai transferred the stolen money to Viet Quy, Nhu and Vuong who then relayed it to the bank accounts of Dien, Huu Quy and Binh.
Thai took 70 per cent of all stolen money and the others would take between 5 and 10 per cent.
Under the criminal code, their act is related to using computers, telecom networks and electronic devices to illegally appropriate assets.
Bac Ninh Police is continuing investigations into the case. VNS
- Anonymous throws support behind Florida 18-year-old charged with statutory rape of her 14-year-old girlfriend
- Teen lied on Twitter, pretended he witnessed shooting of Missouri 18-year-old Antonio Martin
- Body of missing 18-year-old barista in Alaska found in lake: cops
- Man working at NYC high school arrested for groping 18-year-old female student
- NYPD busts Harlem gangs tied to shootings of NYPD detective Randolph Holder, 18-year-old Jordan Barber
- 18-year-old victim of grisly rape dies in Ukraine
- Mother charged with stabbing 18-year-old son to death
- Unarmed 18-year-old man shot dead by police in Missouri: witnesses
- 70-year-old British man arrested for looting during London riots
- South Carolina police hunt for 16-year-old last seen taking cash from bank after vanishing on first day of school
- Teen son of New Mexico lawmaker arrested in drive-by killing of high schooler Jaydon Chavez-Silver
- Teenage wasteland: High Schooler whose ‘sexy’ picture was banned from yearbook arrested with mom at underage drinking party
- ICE agents arrest high schooler hours before prom
- High schooler’s plan to bring porn star to prom scuttled by officials
- 15-year-old boy arrested, released on bail in Northern Ireland after allegedly hacking TalkTalk
- Florida girl, 18, arrested and expelled after relationship with 15-year-old female classmate
- Missing autistic teen Eliceo Cortez found as cops desperately search for Middle Village high schooler Aidan Norvez
- EXCLUSIVE: Anguished mom speaks out for 15-year-old daughter who was allegedly raped at Bronx charter school
- Fla. man, 18, filmed beating 16-year-old autistic boy at party (VIDEO)
- Trayvon Martin case: 16-year-old girl recalls last phone conversation minutes before Martin was shot dead: report
Facebook account hackers, led by 18-year-old high schooler, arrested have 465 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 2, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.