Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son. — VGP Photo The National Assembly recently approved the Europe-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the Europe-Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA). Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son answered the press on the agreements’ impact on Viet Nam-EU relations. How significant are the agreements to the Viet Nam-EU relationship? The NA’s approval of EVFTA and EVIPA has allowed the agreements to come into effect as soon as EU members’ parliaments give the green light. The approval of the agreements by the Vietnamese NA and the EU Parliament [in February this year] once again confirmed the commitment from both sides to deepen bilateral relations and to take them to the next level 30 years after Viet Nam-EU diplomatic relationship was established. This was also a continuation of Viet Nam-EU’s comprehensive co-operation partnership signed in 2012 and the EU-Vietnam Framework Agreement on Comprehensive Partnership and Cooperation (PCA) in 2016. Political ties between Viet Nam-EU have been strengthened with high-level exchanges and visits, especially on security and national defence as Viet Nam joined the EU’s crisis management activities in 2018, showing the result of trust-building efforts between two sides. Economic co-operation remains a highlight… Read full this story
- Reality Check: Would Canada's deal with the EU be a good model for the UK?
- Erdogan's mid-Feb Pakistan visit to further strengthen bilateral ties: Imran Khan
- Boris Johnson wants a Canada-style trade deal with the EU after Brexit and will accept an 'off-the-shelf' offer made by Brussels
- Chinese, German FMs discuss bilateral ties by phone
- PM Modi and Brazilian Prez hold talks to boost bilateral ties
- Brussels leaders deliver a bitter parting shot at Brexit Britain as they say ‘size matters’ and claim only the EU can solve global challenges while the UK's MEPs leave the European Parliament for the final time
- Universities raise alarm over no-deal Brexit and EU student enrolment
- ‘Defence deals key to India-Australia ties’, says Australian envoy
- VN aims to become global agriculture powerhouse
- Poland buys US fighter jets to bolster bilateral ties
Deals highlight VN-EU bilateral ties, global integration efforts have 352 words, post on bizhub.vn at June 18, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.