Funke Akindele recently appeared in a public health video to raise awareness about coronavirus. Prominent Nigerian actress Funke Akindele has been widely criticised for holding a party during the lockdown imposed to tackle coronavirus. The party in her Lagos mansion was held to celebrate the birthday of her husband, producer JJC Skillz. Akindele has appeared in a Nigeria Centre for Disease Control video to raise awareness about coronavirus. She has defended the party, saying that everyone who was there had been living in her house for two weeks. However, her tweet has since been deleted. Under the lockdown, all gatherings of more than 25 people have been banned in Lagos, Nigeria’s biggest city, which has an estimated population of about 20 million people. It is not clear from the video, posted online by JJC Skillz, whether the party exceeded that limit – but it has nevertheless been widely condemned for setting the wrong example. Those seen in the video include singer Naira Marley and actress Eniola Badmus, and some Nigerians have questioned whether they have been living with Akindele and her husband. Akindele is one of Nigeria’s best-known actresses and came to prominence for her series Jenifa’s Diary, broadcast on… Read full this story
- Merkel Meets With Party Amid Popularity Slump
- Nigerian magician Babs Cardini: 'I want to be the best'
- Taraji P. Henson doesn't want a bridal party at her wedding
- Amid protests, controversial Dutch lawmaker visits Berlin
- Sole GOP challenger to Susan Collins quits amid party pressure
- Austrian MP Peter Pilz resigns amid sexual harassment allegations
- The rise of ‘sexiest ever’ Doctor Who assistant Karen Gillan from former party animal to Hollywood A-lister
- Hong Kong cancels China national day fireworks amid protests
- Black women meet with state Democratic Party leaders
- German Left party leader steps down
Coronavirus: Nigerian actress Funke Akindele under fire for Lagos party amid lockdown have 309 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 4, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.