Don’t hold back This is perfect time to start a new venture; old world order is breaking apart; new consumer habi… https://t.co/k908dTTjOI
— Rajesh Sawhney (@rajeshsawhney) 1588214620000
But not all founders agree with him.
In a recent webinar chat with Kalaari Capital MD Vani Kola, Big Basket CEO Hari Menon, said future entrepreneurs should be cautious and wait until the situation is more under control before launching something new.
“Say what you will, but capital is critical when you startup,” said Menon. “You can’t do without it and it’s not going to be easy for next few months. I would sincerely advise to put plans on hold right now. Think, innovate but continue with your jobs. It’s so critical to keep your earnings going, keep your savings going. Every bit of money that you have today you got to make it last.”
For those who have already raised capital and are wondering how to sustain themselves, Menon says the only thing to do is to conserve.
“I think you just need to cut back on everything that non-essential. You can’t afford to look at luxury right now. Whatever you have, if you had planned (for) it to run six months, make sure it runs twelve months or fourteen, fifteen months. That is the only thing they (startup founders) should focus on doing.”
Covid-19 Lockdown: Mumbai Restaurateurs Support Modi’s Call, Take Steps To Support Their St…
Stay In, Dine In
Dine in is the new dine out. Here’s what those in the hospitality sector have to say about the three week lockdown across the country and what they are doing during this period.
- BigBasket is all set to launch express online grocery delivery
- Startups pay record salaries to all talent amid funding boom
- Lam Research Corp (LRCX) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- 5 Counterintuitive Lessons From the Past Year That Will Shape Your Business Going Forward
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd (CHKP) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Workday Inc (WDAY) Q1 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
- RingCentral (RNG) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Cincinnati Financial (CINF) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Sea Limited (SE) Q2 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- The Evolution Of A Startup CEO
- IPO Or M&A? How Venture Capital Shapes A Startup's Future
- How to Make Your Startup Irresistible to Any Angel Investor
- Startup Valuation: When profitability is no longer a criterion
- Are mobile wallets in East Africa the way to a 'crypto' future?
- “Make your mess beautiful”: How to navigate the chaotic world of startups
- Meet Xavier Niel, The Tech Billionaire Turning France Into A Startup Mecca
- How Startups Are Rethinking the Doctor's Office of the Future
- Meet The Fabricant, a Dutch Startup That's Riding the NFT Wave On Top of a $9,500 Digital Couture Dress
‘Wait, keep your earnings going’: BigBasket’s Hari Menon’s advice to future startup founders have 1006 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.