Carriages are under repair at the Gia Lam Train Joint-stock Company in Gia Lam District in Ha Noi. — VNA/VNS Photo Viet Hung The Vietnam Railways Corporation (VNR) has asked the Ministry of Transport to propose Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc extend the expiry for locomotives and carriages by three years. Government Decree 65/ND-CP currently regulates that 40-year-old locomotives and carriages can no longer be used, which has caused a shortage of locomotives and carriages for the sector, according to the VNR. At present, the VNR is managing 282 locomotives, of which 262 are in use. The remaining 20 are left idle because they are too out of date, have low capacity and consume lots of fuel while repairs are too expensive. Data of the VNR showed 121 locomotives will not be used from the beginning of next year to 2026 due to the age rule, leaving it with only 141 by 2026. Also under Decree 65, the VNR will have 196 locomotives by the beginning of 2022, but it usually needs about 217 to accommodate the Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday rush. Hoang Gia Khanh, deputy director of the VNR, said all of the locomotives in use at present… Read full this story
- Car Makers Want Airbags To Come With An Expiry Date
- Hero, Honda ties may survive past expiry date
- Honda Cars India Offers Extended Warranty for Vehicles Upto 7 Years Old!
- Athletics want to extend Jed Lowrie who paid dividends in 2018
- VW Diesel Owners to Get $1000 to $7000 in Proposed Settlement
- Orioles Tried To Extend Manny Machado
- Buccaneers Extend GM Jason Licht
- Mid, Smallcap indices end up to 1.5% lower; Nifty flat ahead of F&O expiry
- The Pac-12 Networks and AT&T: All quiet on the carriage front with the season fast approaching
- London mayor proposes new charge for older diesel vehicles
VNR proposes extending expiry date for locomotives, carriages have 307 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.