The national team will gather for training in September to prepare for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers and 2020 AFF Cup. But coach Park Hang-seo wants to try out various formations and players to find the best lineup, and the only way he can do that is in matches.The Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) cannot find teams willing to play friendly matches.VFF secretary Le Hoai Anh said: “Covid-19 has been controlled in Vietnam. But in other countries, they are still facing difficulties. We have contacted many teams, but have not sealed the deal.”But he assured that “the VFF will make sure the national team can play a few friendlies so that Park and his players will have the best preparation.”If the Covid-19 situation is controlled globally, the VFF in fact plans to have the national team train overseas, he said.”The target for coach Park Hang-seo is to try his best to defend the AFF Cup title. The national team will enter the tournament with the strongest squad. Both V. League 1 and V. League 2 are scheduled to conclude by the end of September so that Vietnam had more time for preparation.”Vietnam will play in the AFF Cup, in which they… Read full this story
- Asian football tournaments to go ahead this year, official says
- England football team: live webchat with Daniel Taylor
- Domestic football clubs stay in shape during Covid-19 sidelining
- V. League 1 clubs unable to train under strict quarantine rules
- Kerr on target again as Australia rout Vietnam to earn ticket to Olympic
- Vietnam football leagues to resume in May
- Australia net injury-time leveler to set up Vietnam clash
- Which footballers have released a record?
- Thanh Hóa players agree to major salary cuts
- Two Vietnamese footballers enter AFC Cup top scorer ranking
Vietnam unable to arrange friendlies ahead of major football tournaments have 308 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.