Medical workers spray disinfectant to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Source: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam reported no new COVID-19 cases on May 27 evening, marking 41 days in a row without new infections in the community, according to the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control. Of the 327 confirmed cases in the country, 187 imported ones were quarantined right after they entered Vietnam, posing no risk of community transmission. The sub-committee for treatment announced that six more people infected with the novel coronavirus have been given the all-clear on the same day, including Patient 19 who was among the most critical patients in Vietnam, The patients, all Vietnamese nationals, were discharged from the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, bringing the country’s total recoveries to 278 or 85 percent of the confirmed cases. They are all in a stable condition, with no fever, no cough and no shortness of breath. Patient 19, a 64-year-old woman, was admitted to the hospital on March 6. The patient was treated with Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) – a heart-lung by-pass machine that pumps and oxygenates a patient’s blood outside the body, allowing the heart and lungs to rest. The patient also had three cardiac… Read full this story
- Coronavirus death toll has its biggest EVER spike: 242 people die in a day and 15,000 people catch the disease after sacking of Chinese communist bosses who 'covered up' true scale
- The Wuhan 83 are finally out! Coronavirus evacuees leave quarantine and head 'for a pint' after 14 days in isolation at grim nursing block on Merseyside
- The 'super-spreaders': From the Irish cook dubbed Typhoid Mary to British man at the centre of UK coronavirus cluster – why DO some patients transmit infections far more than others?
- British prisoner with suspected coronavirus 'collapsed in his cell after returning from a jail in THAILAND' sparking outbreak fears at HMP Bullingdon in Oxfordshire as three inmates are tested
- Death toll from killer coronavirus is 10 TIMES higher than average in China's Hubei province because thousands of patients with mild symptoms are not seeking help, scientists claim
- Killer coronavirus is 'the worst enemy you can ever imagine' and may pose a greater global threat than terrorism, World Health Organisation warns
- Killer coronavirus outbreak poses a 'very grave threat for the rest of the world', the head of the World Health Organization warns
- Staff deliver a boot load of BEER to NHS coronavirus quarantine unit on the Wirral amid claims the evacuees from Wuhan are 'holding medics to ransom' and threatening to walk out if they don't provide takeaways and booze
- Coronavirus could spread through the AIR even after a patient has left the room, Chinese official claims as the disease's death toll rises past 1,100
- Two MPs go into 'self-isolation' after attending Westminster bus conference attended by coronavirus patient and 250 other delegates
Vietnam records no new COVID-19 infections in community for 41 days have 472 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.