Vietnamese Ambassador to Italy Nguyen Thi Bich Hue (R) hands over medical face masks to a representative of the Italian side (Photo: VNA) Roma (VNA) – Many organisations, businesses and individuals in Vietnam have donated medical supplies to help Italy in the fight against COVID-19, showing the Southeast Asian nation’s solidarity, sharing and responsible international cooperation, said Vietnamese Ambassador to Italy Nguyen Thi Bich Hue. According to the diplomat, the embassy has actively participated in mobilising medical supplies to support the host country in its efforts to contain the disease. On April 17, more than 100,000 face masks gifted by the Vietnamese Government, along with 23,000 face masks, 500 protective suits and other medical supplies donated by businesses and individuals in Vietnam, were handed over to Italy, one of the European countries hardest hit by the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). Previously, the Uni-Italia Association in Vietnam and the Vietnam – Italy Friendship Association also presented 8,500 face masks to the Italian side. Hue said these valuable medical supplies have been delivered directly to overseas Vietnamese people and students living, studying and working across the European nation; local civil protection agencies in the epidemic-hit centres; and hospitals, nursing homes, police departments in Rome, and other regions…. Read full this story
- Myanmar, Sri Lanka Buddhist hard-liners join hands
- Old and new leaders joining hands to better the nation?
- Italian pharma giant, local urologists join hands for PE
- VACC, BRAD join hands vs drugs
- Egypt, Jordan join hands to boost religious tourism
- TV5, ESPN join hands for the win
- Wales joins Belgium, Italy at Euro 2016
- Asian police to join hands during disasters
- Iraq, Turkey pledge to join hands to fight IS jihadists
- Spotlight: China joins hands with neighbors to elevate subregional development
Vietnam joins hands with Italy in combating COVID-19 have 295 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 10, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.