Vietnam has for the first time allowed the official importation of live pigs for slaughter in a bid to bring down domestic pork prices, according to a Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development document. The document was signed by Agriculture and Rural Development Deputy Minister Phung Duc Tien. Accordingly, imported hogs will be subject to a 30-day quarantine as per the effective regulations on cattle import. The ministry did not specify how many live pigs for slaughter the country will buy or when shipments will begin. Deputy Minister Tien told reporters on Thursday that the import of live pigs will be closely monitored and controlled to avoid negative impacts on the domestic market. Tien also revealed that the ministry is targeting Thailand as one possible supplier. It will be the first time Vietnam will have imported live pigs for slaughter from overseas. The Southeast Asian country has already increased imports of breeding sows and frozen pork by 300 percent year-on-year in the first four months, Tien said in a report at the beginning of this month, in a bid to cool prices of the staple food for its population of more than 96 million. The wholesale cost of live hogs reached… Read full this story
- Live pig prices surge on dwindling supply
- Vietnam to import more electricity from Laos
- La Francophonie remains Vietnam’s important partner
- London Bridge terrorist Usman Khan was allowed to live within 17 miles of accomplices who were jailed for plots to bomb London Stock Exchange and assassinate Boris Johnson
- 'What it's like to be living in the times of the Trumps and Modis'
- 'Twisted stalker was allowed to live less than a mile away from my home'
- ETS vs NBB, Match 19, T20 Mumbai, LIVE streaming: Teams, time in IST and where to watch on TV and online in India
- India vs West Indies, 2nd T20I, LIVE Streaming: Teams, Time in IST And Where to Watch on TV And Online in India on December 8 at The Greenfield Stadium, Thiruvanathapuram
- I’m A Celebrity 2019 final LIVE: spoilers, start time and latest updates
- Life goes on: Saigon’s have-nots earn living amidst chilliest time of year
Vietnam allows import of live pigs for slaughter for first time have 367 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.