Canada's Globalnews.ca quoted advisors to foreign corporations as saying Vietnam's success in the fight against COVID-19 has helped improve confidence among investors.
"After proclaiming success in containing the coronavirus, Vietnam is positioning itself as a safe place to do business," it wrote.
Meanwhile, Thailand's Bangkok Post said that while most Southeast Asian stocks fell on low-volume trade on May 6, Vietnam's market jumped more than 2 percent in its best session in more than a month.
International media also highlighted the recovery in certain sectors of Vietnam's economy.
Japan's Nikkei Asian Review carried the news that Apple will produce 3 million to 4 million AirPods wireless earphones, or 30 percent of production, in Vietnam in the second quarter.
In tourism, TTG Asia has published survey results revealing that up to 45 percent of Chinese tourists want to visit Vietnam on their first foreign trip of 2020.
Regarding its successful COVID-19 response, The Economist magazine published an article mentioning Vietnam's simple and low-cost measures, strictly tracing and quarantining thousands of suspected cases./.
- Washington Examiner’s ‘Mainstream Media Scream’ with the MRC’s Assessment
- On CNN, Media Critic Endorses Carlson Boycott 'I'm Fine With It'
- On CNN, Media Critic Says 'I'm Fine' with Liberal Campaign to Force Tucker Carlson Off the Air
- ‘Gutfeld Show’ LAMPOONS Media, Stages Spot-On Faux ‘Blame, Insinuate, Accuse Seminar’
- On Disability and on Facebook? Uncle Sam Wants to Watch What You Post
- Marching Toward Recession? Liberal Media Talk ‘R’ Word Every Day of Month
- Covington teen moves ahead with $250M lawsuit against the Washington Post
- Washington Post finally admits mistakes in coverage of Covington Catholic incident
- Washington Post issues 'editor's note' on its Covington coverage
- Too little, too late: Washington Post admits it screwed up big in the Covington Catholic story
- Despite being exposed, fake news thrives on social media ahead of India polls
- Washington Post Issues Editor’s Note On Flawed Coverage In Covington Teens Vs. Nathan Phillips Confrontation
- Here Are The Media Pundits Who Floated The Theory Bezos Was A Victim Of Saudi Arabia
- Washington Post issues lengthy correction over Covington Catholic confrontation
- Delta Air Lines’ newest destination: Hilton Head, South Carolina
- (US-NK summit) (News Focus) N.K. leader eyes image as reliable economic leader
- After Unpredictable Trump Meeting, Kim Returns to Scripted Form in Vietnam
- Manitowoc Post Office hosts Passport Day Saturday
- The Joe Biden Media Frenzy
- 'Frozen' Niagara Falls photos spread across social media
Vietnam a reliable destination for investors post-COVID-19: Int'l media have 426 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 12, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.