Nguyen Ngoc Bich, 75, recalls the time when he prayed to the tutelary “cua vong” at the communal house in Diem village in Hoa Long Commune, which is in reality a decorative gold-painted door frame, and then jumped behind it to hide from French soldiers.When he was a child and playing with other kids around the temple, village elders would narrate stories about how the seven-meter-high “cua vong” had saved the lives of many Vietnamese soldiers during the French colonial and Vietnam War periods. “Cua vong” in Diem village in Bac Ninh Province’s Hoa Long Commune was recognized as a national treasure in January 2020. Photo by VnExpress/Huu Dao. The temple faces a lake. In the past children used to herd chickens and ducks nearby and come here to seek shelter in the afternoon while seniors would sit in the front porch sipping tea. During spring and autumn, the villagers would sit around the communal house to listen to and sing folk songs and celebrate post-harvest festivals.”The “cua vong” stands in the middle of the main hall,” Bich says. ”It has thousands of flower and animal carvings running from the floor to the roof of the temple. People just find it beautiful, but no… Read full this story
- He must get a lot of pocket money! Married At First Sight star Stacey Hampton is gifted a $680 scarf by her two-year-old son Kruz for Mother's Day
- Palghar: 30 year old woman stabbed to death near Kasa village; husband, son and another woman critical
- 45-year-old constable from Mumbai police succumbs to COVID-19; toll mounts to 6
- Naked teen suspected of trying to burglarize home is shot dead by 41-year-old father after he climbed into child's bedroom and held piece of wood 'in a threatening manner'
- Kolkata: Body of 53-year-old man lay unattended suspecting COVID-19
- 39 year old Kurla resident killed in accident on EEH at Vikhroli
- The UK economy is heading for its worst crash in 300 years
- New NHSX Covid-19 contact tracing app doesn't work on two-year-old phones say Isle of Wight residents using it in trial
- Three-year-old girl and her sister, 7, are both killed in a flash flood in a Utah slot canyon that started as a trickle and turned into a raging torrent in minutes
- 85-year-old pitches in for PM CARES Fund
Tales of 300-year-old national relic have 396 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.