Professional artists and people at home and abroad are encouraged to join the contest called "70 Nam- Sang Mai Ngon Lua Thanh Nien Xung Phong" (70 Years – Forever Flame Vietnam Youth Volunteer Force).
Songs should be about the volunteer force's history and developments. The contributions and sacrifices, which the force's members devoted to the victory on April 30, 1975 to liberate the south and reunify the country, should be highlighted.
Songs about young volunteers of the Green Summer Volunteers Campaign , an annual social campaign for youth began in 1997 by the city's Youth Union, are also encouraged.
"Members of the Vietnam Youth Volunteer Force played a role in the country's heroic history in the American war. They have volunteered to offer charity and social activities in both rural and urban areas today," said veteran musician Nguyen Ngoc Thien, a member of the contest's organising board.
"Through the contest, we hope that Vietnamese, particularly youngsters, will learn more about the volunteer force's history, developments and distributions."
"We also want to encourage the creation of young artists," said Thien, who volunteered for the force in the 1980s.
The contest which was launched last weekend, has attracted dozens of veteran musicians and songwriters such as Nguyen Cuu Dung, Hoai An, Hoang Nha and Cao Ba Hung.
Songs should be sent before June 25 to the organiser at 268-270 Nguyen Dinh Chieu street, District 3.
The Vietnam Youth Volunteer Force was established on July 15, 1950. More than 10,000 university students in Hanoi gave up their study and volunteered to join the force between 1970 and 1974. They went to the southern battlefields. Only a small number of them returned home after victory day.
Following the older generations, young people in HCM City today participate every year in the Green Summer Volunteer Campaign to work and offer free education and treatment in remote areas.
They have contributed 50 million workdays worth several billions of dong over the last 23 years, making significant contributions to the nation’s socio-economic development./.
- Texas Youth is Honored For Historical Achievement
- A Songwriting Dispute Brews Over ‘Truth Hurts,’ Lizzo’s Biggest Hit
- "Make Me Better" by Fabolous Celebrates True Love in Hip-Hop
- Here's What We Saw At China’s Gigantic Military Parade
- Offline Ways To Promote Your Business
- Interview With Frank McGee, Author of "A Song for the World"
- Presenting - Bob Murdoch from Centre 55 Has My Vote for an Honorary Doctorate of Community Service
- Presenting - Sheila Blinoff and Carole Stimmell From the Beach Metro News - A Centre of Information
- Hello from Toronto - Presenting - 55 Division - A Lesson in Community Policing in the Beach
- Presenting - St Aidan's Church - Charity Comes Full Circle in Toronto's Beach Neighbourhood
- Curse of the Abyss Worm [Chapters 13 & 14]
- "Back to CYA on a Mission"
- No One Told Me Being A Senior Citizen Would Be Such Fun
- Cave City, Kentucky - Gateway to Cave Country
- Hello From Nova Scotia - Enjoying Halifax' Harbourwalk and Pier 21-Canada's Immigration Museum
- Kazi Nazrul Islam - The National Poet of Bangladesh : A Profile Study
- Presenting - Michelle Gebhart - A True Renaissance Woman
- Presenting - Michael Prue, A Working Class Success Story - From Regent Park to Queens Park
- Is My Woman Body Pious - Beauty of Marriage - Part 13?
- Ten Ways to Redefine Yourself for Retirement - Shifting Gears to Successful Retirement
Songwriting contest celebrates 70th anniversary of Youth Volunteer Force have 602 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.