He made the statement at a seminar on preventing natural disasters’ consequences and climate change’s impacts on child labors, jointly held by the ministry and the International Labor Organization (ILO) on June 13 in Hanoi. Protecting children and preventing child labor in areas which were subjected to natural disasters need the participation of all society As one of the five countries that are most heavily affected by climate change, natural disasters in Vietnam have been increasingly complicated and unpredictable. According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development’s statistics, in 2016 alone, 20 storms, droughts, floods, and saline intrusion occurred in Vietnam, causing bad impacts to the material and spiritual life and health of locals, especially children. More seriously, financial difficulties would lead to school dropouts in various localities. Addressing the event, the deputy minister emphasized the importance of the joint efforts of departments, agencies, and social organizations at all levels in protecting children and preventing child labor in areas which were subjected to natural disasters. For his part, Chang-Hee Lee, Director of the ILO Vietnam appealed for the mass participation of all society in protecting children and laid stress on all-level cooperation in policies, finance, and training. He emphasized the… Read full this story
- Protect Children From Drowning - Part 1 - Layers of Protection Around the Backyard Swimming Pool
- Protect Children From Drowning - Part 2 - Choosing the Right Pool Alarm For Your Backyard Pool
- U.S. Is a Profound Failure In Protecting Childrens Rights
- Department of Social Services Fails to Protect Children
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month - What Will You Do To Protect Children?
- Protecting Children From Porn
- Internet Dangers - Protecting Children from Internet Jeopardy
- Protecting Children Before and After ID Theft
- Quit Smoking Hypnosis Seminars - What Does Hypnosis Have To Do With Quitting Smoking?
- How Do Campers Protect Their Children?
Seminar on protecting children held in Hanoi have 319 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.