According to the latest quarterly report on the domestic housing and real estate market from the Ministry of Construction, real estate business and investment have both been hard hit by the pandemic.
The market posted 13,042 successful transactions for various types of property in the first three months of the year, ranging from apartments, houses, and land to condotels and resorts/villas, accounting for 14 percent of all existing units – the lowest in the past four years.
The figure marked a decline of 60 percent against the same period last year, according to the report.
However, Director of the Ministry's Housing and Real Estate Market Management Department Nguyen Trong Ninh affirmed that the market has not become frozen but has actually developed quite stably.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, prices of resort real estate remained stable while slight increases were seen in the housing segment.
In Hanoi, the average apartment price rose 1.02 percent year-on-year in the first four months, while in HCM City it rose 3.5 percent.
Le Hoang Chau, President of the HCM City Real Estate Association, said the market is exhibiting good "resistance".
Demand for housing, he went on, remains high, so the market could recover rapidly after the coronavirus is defeated.
Su Ngoc Khuong, Senior Director of Savills Vietnam, pointed to several positive signs speeding up market recovery.
The Government has recently issued a number of preferential policies dedicated to disease-affected enterprises, together with resolutions requiring the cutting of administrative procedures and the speeding up of investment disbursement.
These will help boost the recovery of Vietnamese businesses, he said, including those operating in real estate.
Vietnam has also been confirmed as a safe and friendly destination for foreign investors, he added.
Stephen Wyatt, Country Head of JLL Vietnam, said that positive economic growth, a stable political situation, and a transparent legal framework are advantages for Vietnam.
- Booming gold market risky for individual investors: experts
- Condotel market faces gloomy prospects
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 25
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 21
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 27
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 30
- Coronavirus live updates: Unemployment claims above 1.4 million for second week in a row
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: July 28-29
- Coronavirus live updates: SF official predicts ‘huge surge’ in hospitalizations
- Coronavirus live updates: 31 Costco employees infected in South Bay
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 31
- Coronavirus live updates: Releases drop state prison population below 100,000
- Donald Trump says 'what big tech is doing is very bad' as Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, Apple's Tim Cook and Google's Sundar Pichai are questioned by Congress on their 'monopolies'
- Coronavirus live updates: California exceeds 200 deaths in one day for first time
- Wall Street’s Naked Swindle
- Big tech's showdown with Congress: Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg will insist Amazon and Facebook are truly American companies that DO face competition when they are grilled by the House over their size and power alongside Google and Apple
- Employers could have to pay staff to do nothing! Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced extension of furlough scheme until October but it emerges that strapped firms will have to stump up as much as half the 80 per cent salaries - so how many will?
Real estate market to recover shortly: Experts have 519 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.