Illustration by Trịnh Lập by Nguyễn Mỹ Hà It was quite shocking to watch a video clip of Belgian medics standing in line to officially greet the country’s prime minister at Saint Pierre’s Hospital. As a silent act of protest, the medical staff in white and green each turned their backs as the PM’s car rolled passed. Belgium is among the countries worst hit by the pandemic. Last week it had recorded more than 9,000 deaths from more than 55,000 confirmed cases, with nearly 15,000 recovered. According to Coronavirus Watch, this equates to a mortality rate of one in every six confirmed cases, among the highest in the world. In a time of crisis, the situation must be truly dreadful if medical staff are forced to protest. Among the numerous comments below the disturbing video posted on the Telegraph’s website, those who took the time to write disagreed with their actions. “Unprofessional” was one word bandied in more than a few comments. Those who disagreed with the protest said that if the medical staff needed help, they should get together as one to request more support, such as urging the government to hire more workers for “unqualified help”… Read full this story
- How technology designed for monitoring astronauts is helping save the lives of air ambulance patients
- Over 19,000 donors register to donate organs to save the needed
- Five financial things every breast cancer patient needs to know and probably doesn't
- If You Want Cannabis Legalized: Help Vets Grow
- 'He deserves to live!' Pediatric nurse undergoes 14-hour surgery to donate part of her OWN LIVER to save a baby patient's life after learning she was a match
- Editorial counterpoint: Organ donation debate needs some clarifications
- What Is Cardiac Arrest? Know Symptoms And How To Help Someone During An Emergency
- Stroke research urgently needed in Wales, charity says
- Obama's final report card: Did he live up to his promise?
- Fast Forward: Thad Starner Talks Google Glass, Helping Dogs Talk
Provide medics with help they need to save lives have 344 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 22, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.