Two months after the package was announced, only 6,400, or around 10 percent of 62,500 employees at factories and other businesses, have received the stipend of VND1.8 million ($78) a month, the Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs said on Friday.Some 6,300 of 14,100 teachers and staff at private pre-schools have received VND1 million.Only 22,000 out of 284,000 self-employed workers, including street vendors and xe om drivers, who lost their livelihoods received VND1 million. The rate ranges from 44 percent of eligible people in District 11 to 0.46 percent in District 1.In Districts 8 and Binh Thanh, more than 20,000 street workers each have not received any support.Le Minh Tan, director of the labor department, blamed the low numbers on employers being slow to check with social insurance agencies.Some of them had failed to pay social insurance premiums for their employees, which made them ineligible for the stipend, he said.Also, many self-employed workers are low-skilled manual laborers who failed to apply correctly for the assistance, the department claimed.In March, HCMC authorities approved the support package targeting 600,000 workers and teachers at private pre-schools who lost their jobs and poor families.When Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc approved a VND62 trillion… Read full this story
- Can I Be Benefited From Stimulus Package When I Am Jobless
- What You Can Do to Prevent Childhood Obesity
- What Should a Good Solution Do to Prevent Stretch Marks?
- All Inclusive Vacation Package: All in One, All in Fun
- Prevent Back Pain
- How to Prevent and Stop Snoring at Home
- Volleyball Knee Brace - Sports Knee Support When You Need It! - Brace Yourself
- Blueberries Health Benefits - This Berry Fights Cancer, Boosts Memory, Lowers Cholesterol
- Children Obesity Facts and Prevention
- Land-Lever-Lift Technique - Good Form is the Key to Efficient Running and Preventing Injuries
Procedural hurdles prevent Covid-19 jobless from benefiting from HCMC support package have 304 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.