Many Vietnamese parents would enjoy the emergence of a public school bus system Photo: Ngoc Han As a mother to two children studying at the Vinschool Green Bay elementary school, Thuy Linh shared that with her tight schedule, she had to sign up for student transit services that cost VND1.2 million ($50) a month for each child. Linh said that the school bus service saves her family time on ferrying the children to school and picking them up every day. She also feels safer that there are teachers in charge on the bus. However, she also complained about occassional bullying that is largely ignored by the adults. Linh’s concerns are shared by many other parents, because not every school providing shuttle services can ensure the careful monitoring of schoolchildren, especially when these are mostly spontaneous services operating on a basis of co-operation between the schools and transport service providers. However, there is a grievous lack of official regulations or standards for these vehicles and their operation, which allows operators to dip below the standards expected by parents with impunity. According to statistics from Hanoi Department of Transport, in 2019 there were 17 schools running shuttle services under private contracts, with… Read full this story
- Donohoe's department 'rails against fixing school bus crisis'
- Thousands to miss out on school bus seat despite unused spots
- Motorcyclist (20) dies in crash with school bus
- School bus involved in collision outside Maidenhead school
- Boy misses his school bus
- ‘Don’t panic about school bus cuts’ says BCBC education chief
- Council’s dilemma over awarding short-term school bus contracts
- Uncertain future remains over Calderdale's school bus services
- Children in Bucks left stranded after school bus meltdown
- Hatton Park parents' anger at changed bus pass criteria
Parents request overhaul of school bus framework have 299 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.