More than 8,700 Vietnamese children were found to be abused between January 2015 and June 2019, according to a National Assembly (NA) report. Le Thi Nga, head of the NA’s Committee of Judicial Affairs, presented a report about the outcomes of legal enforcement of child abuse prevention and control during the four-and-a-half-year period at a session on Wednesday. Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi reported the largest number of child abuse cases among localities at 782 and 655, respectively, during the period. Over 8,400 cases of child abuse in Vietnam were brought to light and more than 8,700 children, including around 7,000 girls and 1,700 boys, were found to have been victims of abuse, accounting for 0.035 percent of the country’s total children number. Among them, more than 6,400 children were sexually abused, making up 73.85 percent of the country’s total abuse cases. There were cases of female victims sexually abused by their relatives, including fathers or grandfathers. Over 850 children were subject to physical violence, and over 100 kids were trafficked or kidnapped. Also, more than 1,300 vulnerable victims were subject to other forms of abuse, such as child maltreatment, child pornography and the distribution of pornographic materials to children. The number of… Read full this story
- Terrorist infiltration into Jammu and Kashmir in 2018 highest in five years: MHA report
- Missouri summer camp closes after 82 kids, staffers infected with coronavirus: reports
- Venice finally tests Moses anti-flood system after years of reported corruption, delays
- Special Report: Thousands of U.S. judges who broke laws, oaths remained on the bench
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 25
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 8
- Vietnam, Thailand tighten cooperation as strong ASEAN partners
- French man arrested for street robbery in Vietnam’s 'Little Paris'
- Vietnam, Kuwait FMs hold phone talks on bilateral relations
- Special Report: With 'judges judging judges,' rogues on the bench have little to fear
Over 8,700 kids in Vietnam abused in 4.5 years: NA report have 316 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.