International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach AFP/Denis Balibouse Bach was to address the 100 IOC members in three different sessions decided by language and local time zone. “The IOC held today a series of internal consultations with IOC members to hear from them in preparation of the IOC Session which will be prepared by the IOC executive board in its meeting on June 10, 2020,” said an IOC statement later Wednesday. Bach’s aim is to canvas the members for their view on “how to handle the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic”, a source told AFP. The IOC president wants to hear “thoughts, ideas and experiences of all members across the globe”, it added. While Bach addressed all Olympic actors on March 24 when announcing the postponement of the Tokyo Games, it is the first time since the COVID-19 outbreak that he has specifically consulted IOC members. Bach was backed up by Olympic Games executive director Christophe Dubi, IOC sports director Kit McConnell, IOC director general Christophe De Kepper and chief operating officer Lana Haddad. The IOC’s medical and scientific director, Richard Budgett, also took to the floor to discuss “the issue of a vaccine”, according to a second source. Bach… Read full this story
- 'Time to End This Playground Talk': Senior IOC Member Defends Russian Curler
- IOC, China's Alibaba Announce Long-Term Partnership Through 2028 at Davos - IOC
- Evaluating LA bid for 2024 Olympics requires imagination
- Tokyo being billed as ‘Recovery Olympics’ -- but not for all
- Tokyo being billed as ‘Recovery Olympics’ — but not for all
- PV Sindhu defines her goals after Olympics success
- Jake Fraser-McGurk headlines Australia's Under-19 World Cup squad
- Is beach cricket best form for Olympic selection?
- Breakdancing set to join surfing, skateboarding and sport climbing at 2024 Olympics
- Hacking Into the Olympics: Microsoft Warns Anti-Doping Organizations Against Russian Hackers
Olympic chief Bach consults with IOC members over COVID-19 fallout have 312 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.