Cataract is a common disease in the elderly, often causing blindness. Although the cost of surgery is not high, many patients cannot afford to pay for the surgery, as many of them are poor. Needy patients receive free cataract surgery. Accordingly, HD Bank, the Sponsoring Association for Poor Patients, and Nguyen Trai Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City, have provided 12,000 free cataract operations to needy patients nationwide. In 2020, 1,000 patients will be given the free surgery. HD Bank has worked with other organizations to present 24,000 health insurance cards for households in need, handed over 100 charity houses, and awarded thousands of scholarships to poor students. Furthermore, the bank has also granted nearly VND 20 billion to help people throughout the country fight the COVID-19 pandemic and deal with drought and saltwater intrusion. Translated by Minh Anh
- Equal Eating: Should all students receive free meals at school?
- Stockton reportedly having trouble getting people to sign up to receive free money
- Blood Donors Receive Free Binoculars for Jan. 20 Blood Moon
- Boy From Haiti Receives Life-Saving Surgery at Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- 4 students receive free instruments through new program
- 4 students receive free instruments through new Preservation Hall program
- Uber, MADD team up to offer 58 Massachusetts communities free rides night before Thanksgiving
- DRUG-FREE WORLD VOLUNTEERS REMINDS TO BE SAFE OVER THE HOLIDAYS
- Foundation for a Drug-Free World Volunteers Educate Over 82,000 Florida Residents in 2018 on the Truth About Drugs
- This Philly baby was born with cataracts. His case shows the wait for benefits is improving
Needy households received free cataract surgery have 261 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.