MANCHESTER UNITED and Chelsea target Victor Osimhen is reportedly the subject of a shock transfer bid from an unnamed club.
According to French outlet Telefoot, Lille have received an offer of £75million including bonuses for their 21-year-old striker.
Tottenham and Inter Milan have also been linked with a move for the pacy star but Liverpool are said to be in the driving seat.
Osimhen had scored 18 times in his 38 appearances for Lille before the season was suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The Nigerian international only joined the Ligue 1 outfit from Belgian club Charleroi last July.
Osimhen still has over four years left on his contract at Lille, which means any interested suitors will have to fork out big to sign him.
While United made Osimhen a priority this summer after struggling for attacking reinforcements following the sales of Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez.
But it is Liverpool who are said to have made contact with Lille over a move for their frontman.
Transfer guru Duncan Castles told the Transfer Window podcast: “The information I have is that Liverpool have been in contact with Lille about their Nigeria centre-forward Victor Osimhen.
“He’s attracting attention from a lot of clubs and has been fulfilling the potential he showed when he won the Golden Boot at the World Youth Cup a few years ago, scoring 10 goals in that particular tournament in Chile.
Most Read in Football
GROUNDS FOR OPTIMISM
Premiership clubs agree to play at neutral grounds to finish season
Inside Eden Hazard’s futuristic £10m Madrid mansion bought from Spanish singer
BECK OF A PLACE
Inside birthday boy Becks’ £6m Cotswolds home as he celebrates in lockdown
ANGEL OF THE SOUTH
Inside Carroll’s £5m home with Angel of the North statue in the garden
Inside Sergio Aguero’s lockdown love nest with girlfriend Sofia Calzetti
Lampard warns there are four major problems with Prem returning to action
“They are open to selling him this summer but only if the market provides them with the right price.
“And they’re very conscious that this may well not be the transfer window to sell a player of his talent. That will factor into their thinking.
“They believe they’ve got a player who is going to turn into one of the top centre-forwards in European football.”
- 11pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Lionel Messi tussle with Blues ‘in equation’, Spurs reaction, FA Cup draw
- Five biggest transfers to be done before season including Partey to Arsenal, Sancho to Man Utd and Thiago to Liverpool
- Rumour Has It: Haaland available for €75m amid Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool links
- Reading’s £40m rated Michael Olise, 18, was released by Chelsea but now is transfer target of top Premier League clubs
- West Ham 1 Man Utd 3: Bruno Fernandes plays super sub as Paul Pogba, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford net in comeback
- 1pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Harvey Barnes targeted EXCLUSIVE, Woodward backs Solskjaer, Haaland pursuit LATEST
- Chelsea duo Antonio Rudiger and Fikayo Tomori set to be shipped off on loan transfer after struggling for game-time
- Rumour Has It: Real Madrid can't afford Mbappe, Chelsea lead Alaba race
- Wrexham joke Gareth Bale wouldn’t get in team anyway after Spurs star snubbed transfer following Hollywood takeover
- Real Madrid refuse to rule out shock Gareth Bale return despite Tottenham having transfer option on Welsh winger
- Manchester United's five best goal scoring display in 2020
- How Barcelona legend Quini was kidnapped to stop the Spanish giants winning LaLiga and held hostage for 25 days
Man Utd and Chelsea transfer target Victor Osimhen ‘subject of shock £75m bid from unnamed club’ have 639 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 2, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.