Boats carry tourists to enjoy the beautiful landscape of Tam Coc – Bich Dong, a famous destination in Ninh Binh province (Photo: VNA) Falls were seen in almost all major markets, such as China (down 57.2 %), Malaysia (53.9 %), the Republic of Korea (53.4 %), Japan (48.2 %), France (47.5 %), the UK (44.3 %), and Russia (23.2 %). Conversely, the number of Cambodian tourists surged 118.3 %. Revenue from tourism services in the period was estimated at 8.3 trillion VND (359 million USD), down 54.1 %. Localities seeing significant declines in revenue include the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau (72.9 %), south-central Khanh Hoa province (68.2 %), HCM City (66.1 %), and northern Quang Ninh province (65.4 %). Vietnam has suspended granting visas to foreigners amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Most foreign visitors currently in the country are experts and technicians. The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism launched the “Vietnamese people travel in Vietnam” programme in early May to stimulate domestic tourism.
- International travel mart suspended following Danang Covid-19 outbreak
- More than 600,000 British tourists on holiday in Spain now a face two-week 'house arrest' quarantine amid scramble to return home after bombshell axing of 'air bridge' - throwing their working lives into fresh disarray
- ‘We feel safer in Fuerteventura than Blackburn’: The British tourists who are still flying out to Spain so they don't lose their money - despite Boris's second wave warning and need to quarantine when they get back
- Egypt records 627 new COVID-19 cases, total infections near 90,000
- Christchurch Airport's Central Otago expansion plan new international option
- Tourists are FINALLY back in Benidorm: Sunseekers return to Spain's beaches as country declares Brits will be allowed in from next week (but the Germans are there already!)
- Man in Da Nang tests positive for COVID-19, more than 50 isolated
- VN brings home nearly 540 citizens from EU, Cuba, Africa
- Fiji set to drop quarantine requirements (and hotel prices) as it reaches out to NZ tourists
- 'We cannot apologise': Dominic Raab DEFENDS decision to axe quarantine-free travel to Spain overnight despite British tourists - including Transport Secretary Grant Shapps - already arriving for holidays as Labour brands move 'shambolic'
International tourists down nearly 50 % have 343 words, post on english.vov.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.