Health workers collect blood samples for COVID-19 testing in South Tangerang city, Indonesia, on May 14 (Photo: Xinhua/VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Indonesia is planning to reopen Bali to tourists while Cambodia and Thailand have moved to increase border control to prevent further COVID-19 transmission. Indonesia’s popular holiday destination Bali is expected to resume tourism activities soon. Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy Wishnutama Kusubandio said on May 28 that Bali is one of the Indonesian provinces that could be allowed to reopen to international visitors. Bali Vice Governor Tjokorda Oka Artha Ardana Sukawati also stated earlier that his province is ready to carry out requirements to become a safe destination for foreign tourists after the pandemic. The Nusa Dua area of Bali is set to be the pilot area for the “new normal” scenario in the tourism sector as proposed by hotel and restaurant groups in the province. Last week, the local administration discussed this issue with tourism businesses and provincial agencies to issue new health protocols to ensure safety for travellers when tourism activities resume. In Cambodia, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sar Kheng asked the administration in localities that border Thailand to increase professional measures at… Read full this story
- Official warns of illegal pork imports from Cambodia, Thailand
- MQDC, Tourism Authority of Thailand and RSTA Jointly Organise "Beautiful Bangkok 2020: A Blossom of Happiness"
- Spotlight: Japan not looking to remove tightened export controls in talks with S. Korea: minister
- Japanese, S. Korean senior trade officials to discuss tightened export controls
- Extend border controls to counter terror threat, say France and Germany
- German minister stresses importance of border controls
- Colombia tightens border amidst wave of Venezuela refugees
- Hung Yen province to tighten environmental control
- Lang Son tightens control following invasion of red-claw crayfish
- Disturbing photos reveal how elephants are beaten with bull hooks and tortured for 'entertainment' in Thailand - as Australian tourists are urged to 'stop riding' the animals
Indonesia considers tourism resumption, Cambodia, Thailand tighten border control have 334 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.