The closing meeting of the third session of the 13th National People’s Congress, China’s top legislature, was held in Beijing on Thursday. — XINHUA/VNA Photo HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam is closely following the situation in China’s Hong Kong and maintains the position that Hong Kong issues are China’s internal affairs, an official has said. Deputy spokesperson for Vietnamese foreign ministry Đoàn Khắc Việt made the statement on Thursday in Hà Nội at a press briefing, in response to queries over China’s adoption of the National People’s Congress’ Decision on Establishing and Improving the Legal System and Enforcement Mechanisms for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region to Safeguard National Security today. The bill proved extremely controversial as it sparked fresh protests over fears of China’s growing power over the trade hub that was handed back to China from UK control in 1997 based on the” one country, two systems” principle, which allows regions like Macau and Hong Kong to maintain relatively independent systems of governance from the Chinese mainland. The Vietnamese diplomat said Việt Nam respects and supports “one country, two systems” and always hopes for stability in Hong Kong for its own prosperity and development. The spokesperson for Chinese foreign ministry Zhao Lijian… Read full this story
- Hong Kong celebrities flock to show their love for China as the city's anti-Beijing protests intensify
- 'Helpless' family of British Hong Kong consulate worker say they are 'worried sick' after he is jailed for 15 days in China for 'violating the law'
- China flexes its military muscles in latest anti-riot drill aimed at Hong Kong protesters as 'more than 10,000 paramilitary police officers' wait for Beijing's command near the city's border
- Hong Kong police officers are accused of torturing and abusing a 62-year-old man after detaining him for drunken behaviour
- ‘Abduction’ of tycoon sparks fear in Hong Kong
- Beijing's pick Lam chosen as Hong Kong's leader
- China lobbying turns Hong Kong frontrunner into ‘Beijing’s candidate’
- Hong Kong protesters defiant after tear gas chaos
- China’s favorite Lam wins Hong Kong leadership, vows to heal rifts
- Antidote to Hong Kong independence: Political reform
Hong Kong is China’s internal affair: VN diplomat have 374 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.