The central province of Ninh Thuận experienced a historic drought between November 15, 2019, until May 26 this year. Local authorities earlier this month announced a level 3 natural disaster due to drought in the whole province and level 4 (the highest level) for Thuận Nam and Thuận Bắc districts. A small girl in Ninh Sơn District gets water from a local underground water source. VNA/VNS Photo By May 24, the total amount of water measured in 21 lakes in the province accounted for just more than 12 per cent of designed capacity. Seventeen lakes were totally empty and locals had to abandon the summer-autumn crop this year in more than 15,300ha of land, losing 10,800ha of rice and 4,500ha of vegetables. A herd of sheep seek for food in a barren field due to the drought. VNA/VNS Photo Local residents lacked water for daily use, leading to authorities implementing various solutions to support them. Every four hours, authorities sent tanks of water to people, while Thuận Bắc District authorities co-ordinated with investors of Bình Tiên Tourism Site Project to examine and drill wells, as well as treat underground water from the wells to provide local citizens. An old woman in Tà Nội Village, Ninh… Read full this story
- Ninh Thuan farmers strike it rich with aloe vera
- Ninh Thuan promotes farm produce through tourism
- SunBay Park Hotel & Resort Phan Rang – tổ hợp nghỉ dưỡng lớn nhất Ninh Thuận động thổ
- Ninh Thuận thu hút du khách tham quan các khu du lịch
- Australia has moved to an El Niño alert, and the drought is likely to continue
- Drought Seen Pushing US Meat Prices Even Higher
- What you need to know about the historic midtown home on market for $1.75 million
- Quang Ninh celebrates 50 years since Uncle Ho’s meeting with mine...
- These Internet Enabled Wells Are Helping Kenya Navigate Its Historic Water Crisis
- Lake Oroville Reservoirs Refill After Years Of Drought
Historic drought in Ninh Thuận have 350 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.