Enterprises and and private investment were among key drivers to accelerate post-pandemic economic growth. — Photo baochinhphu.vn The Government is focusing on boosting the development of enterprises and encouraging private investment to accelerate post-pandemic economic growth. The COVID-19 pandemic has pushed enterprises into difficulties and the Government’s target of having one million firms by the end of this year might be a long shot, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment. The number of new firms set up in the first four months of this year fell by 13.2 per cent against the same period last year while the number of firms temporarily halting operations rose by 33.6 per cent. The Agency for Business Registration forecast that even in the best scenario, the number of new firms this year would be around 125,000, 13,000 less than 2019. A survey conducted by the ministry at the end of April found that about 86 per cent of firms suffered negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. In this landscape, the Government identified domestic private investment among drivers of economic growth, besides strengthening exports, accelerating public investment, encouraging domestic consumption and attracting foreign direct investment. Unprecedented fiscal and credit packages were really helpful… Read full this story
- The Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) Provides Loan to Support Small Business Lending and Transportation in Uganda
- Heritage Group aims to boost startup ecosystem with accelerator
- China will take measures to get more foreign investment, boost private investment
- Japan to sell $12 billion of Japan Post Holdings, growth potential under scrutiny
- Sovereign wealth funds boost private investments in emerging markets
- Warren Buffett's firm boosts Apple, Teva investments
- The Federal Reserve Could Boost Employment and Investment. Here’s How.
- Georgia Tech Helps Foreign Firms Explore Investing in the U.S., Atlanta
- China issues rules to curb state firms' overseas investment risks
- JPMorgan CEO meets Irish prime minister on post-Brexit growth
Gov’t to boost firms, private investment to accelerate post-pandemic growth have 319 words, post on bizhub.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.