May 8, 2020
Carlsbad Unified families and staff,
I hope you and your loved ones are healthy and safe as our school facility closures due to COVID-19 continue. Our teachers and staff continue to work hard to ensure continuity of learning during these unusual times, and we all appreciate the role that parents and family members play as educational partners.
As we learn more about the governor’s current plan for reopening some low-risk workplaces, it is important to note that schools will not be included in the current phase of reopening, per our county public health official.
We continue to monitor state and local public health directives, receive guidance from the San Diego County Office of Education, and coordinate with local school districts as we consider next steps regarding this year and next year. Dr. Wilma Wooten, the County Public Health Officer, has informed us that when public health restrictions loosen, they will do so gradually and will not be lifted in such a way that will allow for the scope and scale of a return to regular classroom instruction as we knew it prior to COVID-19 school facility closures. Safety protocols will be required and will need to be firmly in place, gatherings will be limited in size, physical distancing will need to be planned for, and schedules will need to be adjusted in order to provide a safe, well-organized return to school for our students and staff members.
Our district leadership team will provide a report to our Board of Trustees on Wednesday, May 13 at 6:00 pm. Topics will include:
- Update on implementation of our Remote Online Learning plan
- Update on our Board-adopted Temporary Grading Policy
- Campus security and facility use
- Finishing the current school year
- Device, textbook, and equipment collection in the current year
- Planning for year-end ceremonies, such as graduation
- Planning for summer school
- Planning for opening schools in the fall
Our meeting will be hosted virtually and will be viewable on YouTube. We’ve posted info on our website with links to the agenda and viewing options.
We’ve also updated our process for Public Comment, available here.
For the sake of all members of our community, I hope everyone is adhering to the current public health order. I know that, on our last day of in-person instruction eight weeks ago, no one imagined where we’d be today. Let’s make the best of our next five weeks together.
Stay safe out there – physically, mentally, and emotionally. If needed, here is a collection of mental health resources.
As always, all of our previous communications can be found on our website at https://cusd-ca.schoolloop.com/covid-19.
This press release was produced by the Carlsbad Unified School District. The views expressed here are the author’s own.
- Swaminarayan School closure: Plan for replacement Hindu school in Northwick Park quashed
- Local Briefs: Southern Guam Soil and Water Conservation District board meeting
- Parents tears over school closure plan
- Struggling school's closure 'recommended'
- Post-Hurricane Enrollment Drop Used to Justify Privatizing Puerto Rican Schools
- Henrietta Barnett School expansion: Angry scenes at meeting for neighbours of Hampstead Garden Suburb girls’ grammar
- Surveys of parents on school choice are under way
- NHS Highland to form a university board
- Commons debate on shock closure of Swaminarayan School set to take place
- Diocese stopped takeover of Ripley school threatened with closure
- Green Oak School in Godalming could be saved from closure
- Struggling academy trust with schools in Suffolk and north Essex casts rejects closure rumours
- Simon Coveney: It ‘makes sense’ to go to polls in June 2020
- Glue donations and staff losses stressed on Hitchin school funding action day
- School about to start, with no budget in sight
- Guam school announcements: Education Update, April 30, 2018
- Jeremy Hunt will not join fight to keep Green Oak School open
- Shareholders to grill RBS over dividends, branch closures and re-privatisation
- GDOE will reconsider furloughs, delayed start to school year
- Press agenda on April 02
CUSD: Update During School Closure And Board Meeting Agenda - May 8, 2020 have 646 words, post on patch.com at May 10, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.